JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been watching In Range TV on YouTube for the past few months and I really like how they set up their competitions. Is there anything like that in the Salem area?

I went to a 3 gun match at ARPC and I'm not really a fan of how they treat the shotgun from a practical standpoint and I also don't currently have a shotgun suitable for 3 gun so I would have to buy another gun and the shotguns I saw also didn't really seem very practical to me with magazine tubes that extend 6-10 inches past the end of the barrel.

Been shooting PR @ TCGC for 18 years....its fun, but a little stagnant lately since we havent been able to use the gravel pit. I would still reccomend it for a "starter" competition as all you need s a rifle and the ability to safely follow instructions. ARPC still do action rifle? That was a similar comp...

OP's question is related to practical rifle and 2 gun, no shotgun. It is sad practical rifle or rifle pistol competitions are not more popular.

The biggest problem with 3 gun type competitions is the shotgun. Most people already have a rifle and a pistol they could use to be competitive in a practical competition. However, three gun competitions seem to be a shotgun race. That takes away from the other firearm platform skills.

My complaint and reason I have never been interested in 3 gun is the shotgun. Get rid of it and competition participation would increase substantially. Who loads a shotgun tactically? Only 3 gunners, because if you have a pistol or rifle available, an empty shotgun is useless.

Correct me if I am wrong, please discuss.

My understanding is that sometimes the TriCounty match doesn't include shotguns. I could be wrong though, I would check with the MD and if so, find out which matches don't include it.

OP's question is related to practical rifle and 2 gun, no shotgun. It is sad practical rifle or rifle pistol competitions are not more popular.

The biggest problem with 3 gun type competitions is the shotgun. Most people already have a rifle and a pistol they could use to be competitive in a practical competition. However, three gun competitions seem to be a shotgun race. That takes away from the other firearm platform skills.

My complaint and reason I have never been interested in 3 gun is the shotgun. Get rid of it and competition participation would increase substantially. Who loads a shotgun tactically? Only 3 gunners, because if you have a pistol or rifle available, an empty shotgun is useless.

Correct me if I am wrong, please discuss.
Many of the 3 gun matches allow you to choose which weapon to engage targets with. some of the guys go out there with pumps and do just fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top