JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm a Pester from SW Washington and it's freaking lonely out here! Haha I have a few good permissions within SW Wa and NW Or. Like shooting rats? I got a permission for that. Nutria? Got ya covered! Pigeons, Starlings, HOSP and coyotes? When do you want to go? Lol I'm looking for people that share a common interest and above all, smart with the handling of their rifle.

Ifn I was closer I would probably take you up on it. I have shot a boatload of flying and scuttling pests in my time but my opportunities are fewer and further between these days.

Yeah, but only when the marmots (ground hogs, rock chucks, whatever) start raiding my garden. Coyotes and raccoons, I'm live and let live, as long as they leave my chickens alone, I leave them alone. I gave up on starlings, I just can't kill enough of them to make a difference, and besides, they figure out my range pretty quickly, and learn to just fly over fast. Not to mention, a .25 is overkill, and my Mrod is about all I have left in air rifles. That said, too bad you're not closer, I'd enjoy a pest whacking session. BTW, I know I should know this, but I'm having a senior moment, what's a HOSP? Later.

Yeah, but only when the marmots (ground hogs, rock chucks, whatever) start raiding my garden. Coyotes and raccoons, I'm live and let live, as long as they leave my chickens alone, I leave them alone. I gave up on starlings, I just can't kill enough of them to make a difference, and besides, they figure out my range pretty quickly, and learn to just fly over fast. Not to mention, a .25 is overkill, and my Mrod is about all I have left in air rifles. That said, too bad you're not closer, I'd enjoy a pest whacking session. BTW, I know I should know this, but I'm having a senior moment, what's a HOSP? Later.

English House Sparrow. Agressive and invasive.

as far as being a ways from each other...that's ok. I like going for drives. I have family over in Omak and Conconully. I drive out there for the suicide race every year for funsies. Haha

Where do you look for access to Nutria hunting?

I first look up old articles on the 60's and 70's fur farms. Then look at the surrounding areas for flat, farming areas with drainage ditches. Where there is grass and canals with dining...you'll have nutria. Then check out the GIS maps and find out who owns the property. Then I contact them and ask for permission. Clean cut, well put together and always look them in the eye. Nice firm handshake and honesty will 9 times out of 10 get you that permission. offer your rifle to them and let them check it out. And NEVeR ask for money. It's that simple.

I despise starlings. Shoot on sight. I feed the regulars bread crumbs and seed. Starlings are fair game.They usually stay at 100 yards out.
Still in range with a 6" hold over.
I hate starlings also..what type pellet gun do you shoot. Years ago I had a Benjamin pump,then a Sheridan now a gamo whisper(far from a whisper) I like its power and 1 pump action but I cant get it to shoot consistent. I put the back mount I the right hole but still. Frustrating..maybe I need a better scope

I hate starlings also..what type pellet gun do you shoot. Years ago I had a Benjamin pump,then a Sheridan now a gamo whisper(far from a whisper) I like its power and 1 pump action but I cant get it to shoot consistent. I put the back mount I the right hole but still. Frustrating..maybe I need a better scope
Crossman domed and pointed, they seem to shoot the same. With a Remington NPSS and a RWS 34. both 22 caliber. have taken them both apart and cleaned, relubed.

Try the gold plated gaming pellets. I use a Gaming Bone Collector. 1400ft. Good groups that they never know goes right threw. Good luck whisperer!

I downed 28 in a month, a mixture of grey, red and black tree rats. This yearI don't see many red. The black squirrel has taken over. You know they are created from a red and grey squirrels genes. Fast, mean and destructive rodents. Keep em under control.

When I was in Yakima we had a horrible bird problem in the spring. Hundreds of them crapping all over the company property. Getting in the warehouses , nests all over etc. Picked up a nice suppressed Gamo. Shot hundreds of the damn things before the kids in the lab started crying ( literally ) about the poor birdies and that bad man with a gun.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews