JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting reading your folks posts. I studied Wildlife Conservation in College and from a scientific standpoint, you all sound to be doing EXACTLY what the native environment needs, great job! Invasive critters pose a pretty major threat to local native wildlife, especially future populations. Just make sure to be spot on with species ID. Do be careful with crows, they can both recognize and communicate your face to other crows who have never seen you, they are super smart! Visa versa, I have heard stories of Ravens bringing gifts to people the like as well.

Here is a fun critter managment story for you: When I was in middle school my Dad taught at Lakeview High School in Lakeview Oregon. The seniors at his school played a prank where they live trapped and brought about 60 prarie dogs into the school court yard. The courtyard was in the middle of the square shaped school, and had no natural exits. As such the prarie dogs couldn't escape. They kept climbing into pipes and vents, and dieing at far ends of the building under classrooms, library, etc. Fast forward a few weeks, Im at school with my Dad on a Sunday while he is grading papers. Im walking down the hallway and I kept hearing "poping" noises. I follow the noise to see the school janitor sitting on the roof with a .22LR picking off the prarie dogs in the middle of the courtyard! As punishment for the 2 students who released the Prarie dogs, the Principal had my Dad lift him on the roof, with a full size garbage can, and a hose with water to fill it with. My Dad pulled the two kids out.of class to tell them they were getting picked up by the cops (which they were not). They were good kids, and as such were pretty freaked out. My Dad then walked them out under the roof where the Principal was hiding with the 35 gallons of water. Principal sees them and dumps the water on them! Then tells them to not do it again! Both that Principal and my Dad are still in education, just different schools now. Ah, the simple days!

you'll need a better rifle, unfortunately. I would highly highly recommend a Gamo Urban. under $300, you can swap out the trigger screw underneath and make it a crisp hair trigger that has a BSA Hammer forged barrel. I've got a picture on here of a group that is under 1/5th of an inch at 45 yds.
I know this thing is frowned upon, but yesterday I spotted a crow off so far in the distance that he couldn't even see me. I had to look through the scope to make sure the black speck was even a bird in the first place. I put the crosshairs on him and then held over what I guessed to be about 60 ft and despite the distance you could still hear the blog sound and feathers exploding.
point I was getting at originally is that the big box store break barrel rifles just don't cut it for accuracy. look onto the umarex origin, thlugh

Bend Oregon signing in. Looking for places to shoot. I'm equipped for day and night.
You have everything right there man. The whistle pigs during the day and coyotes coming in to eat the dead at night. I'll need to come down to you! Lol out in between bend and madras next to the hwy is a huge colony of whistle pigs. Get after em.

I'm new to the forum and have just recently gotten into airguns. Would love to do some ratting based on my many hours of watching it on you tube. Light me up if your looking for more shooting buddies.

Yeah I've been practicing on the rats in the barn. My eyes aren't good much past 20 feet aiming an iron sight but I'm also.dealing with a Shockwave so it's somewhat heavy. Definitely not a quick draw rifle.

If anyone can recomend a good scope and scope mount for the gamo whisper I would appreciate it. Or are they very inaccurate and I should go to another air rifle
Hawke makes a 2-7x32 mil-dot that is springer rated. Best warranty in the business. I have a Wisper Fusion Mach 1 that likes AA heavy field. If you are getting random impacts, like up, down, left and right, the crown my not be true. Ofcourse, you need to shoot a variety of ammo to find the best pill for her. High power piston break barrel guns can take a while to get the technique down. One hack I learned is to not finesse the trigger. Just pull it quickly. I pretty much consider my Gammo a 35yd minute of squirrel head rifle. I had a Beeman R-9 22cal that was a lot smoother and less powerful than the Gammo, but was msh accurate to 50yds and a bit farther. Have fun and be safe . Bill and Addi.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top