JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No clearance, no worky.:rolleyes:

And that's why it couldn't be tighter,
I paid an obscene amount of $$$$ for my STI 2011 and I bought it used--The factory installed a new slide at no charge when I complained about the lack of accuracy-- they sold me on their product with their warranty service, it is a much different gun accuracy wise than a Para Ord will ever be. I'm simply relating a few disturbing facts about the situation

And that's why it couldn't be tighter,
I paid an obscene amount of $$$$ for my STI 2011 and I bought it used--The factory installed a new slide at no charge when I complained about the lack of accuracy-- they sold me on their product with their warranty service, it is a much different gun accuracy wise than a Para Ord will ever be. I'm simply relating a few disturbing facts about the situation
I don't deny that . But why compare an STI to a Para? Most any factory gun has fair amount of play in the slide.The old 45s had a ton, thats how they function when they get a bit of dirt in them. You might read the title of the thread againo_O

I don't deny that . But why compare an STI to a Para? Most any factory gun has fair amount of play in the slide.The old 45s had a ton, thats how they function when they get a bit of dirt in them. You might read the title of the thread againo_O

I thought the OP might just want to know that putting a bunch of money into a gun that won't appreciate in value is a bad idea. As my Dad used to tell me, you can't make a Cadillac out of a Ford

Kinda like a AK47 some would say it's sloppy until you buried it in sand

I thought the OP might just want to know that putting a bunch of money into a gun that won't appreciate in value is a bad idea. As my Dad used to tell me, you can't make a Cadillac out of a Ford
Ya know, I just rattled all 9 of my autos, and the Para is in no way the sloppiest. Ive got a performance center 10" 460 xvr with a Leopold 4x8 if you care to try a gun with real accuracy:p. I could say you've spent $2000 plus on a gun that wont shoot 150 yards.I think the op was really looking to get some positive input on his new piece:D.
You can make a Lincoln out of a Ford:D

Ya know, I just rattled all 9 of my autos, and the Para is in no way the sloppiest. Ive got a performance center 10" 460 xvr with a Leopold 4x8 if you care to try a gun with real accuracy:p. I could say you've spent $2000 plus on a gun that wont shoot 150 yards.I think the op was really looking to get some positive input on his new piece:D.
You can make a Lincoln out of a Ford:D

For a few bucks more than the Para cost you can buy a well-made gun-- I'm sorry to hear that you only ever bough cheap junky 1911's, had you been armed with the info I recently laid out, things coulda gone so much better for ya

BTW none of my 1911's rattle, in fact that rattle noise is not sought after by those in the know, so to say...

For a few bucks more than the Para cost you can buy a well-made gun-- I'm sorry to hear that you only ever bough cheap junky 1911's, had you been armed with the info I recently laid out, things coulda gone so much better for ya

BTW none of my 1911's rattle, in fact that rattle noise is not sought after by those in the know, so to say...
Man dont you have a big head!

Last Edited:
For the low price of $999.99 I will sale you this nice little tactical pistol the brand new GEN 2 derringer tactical 1AUYF.jpg

What I red that Para did have an issue with quality at some point. The one I bought was made in the early to mid 90's in Canada and it's tight, no rattles. It appears that late model production guns were more prone to have quality issues.

Last Edited:
I was never particularly impressed with Para-Ordinance until I found a used LDA Carry .45 and tried it out. It's enjoyable to shoot, reliable and while I'm not going to win any bullseye competitions (not that I would anyway!) it's more than accurate enough for it's purpose, which is close-range personal defense. The finish is good inside and out, the trigger is innovative and effective and it's as tight as it needs to be.

It's a good thing I didn't know how inaccurate they are or I could never have produced this seven yard/three magazine rapid-fire group-
hKGpLoz.jpg
It's centered off to the left because I suck, not the gun.

I was never particularly impressed with Para-Ordinance until I found a used LDA Carry .45 and tried it out. It's enjoyable to shoot, reliable and while I'm not going to win any bullseye competitions (not that I would anyway!) it's more than accurate enough for it's purpose, which is close-range personal defense. The finish is good inside and out, the trigger is innovative and effective and it's as tight as it needs to be.

It's a good thing I didn't know how inaccurate they are or I could never have produced this seven yard/three magazine rapid-fire group-
View attachment 387592
It's centered off to the left because I suck, not the gun.

The Para LDA is a worthy gun, especially for protection, just because the way it's trigger works--only comparable gun I know is a Colt Double Eagle

What I red that Para did have an issue with quality at some point. The one I bought was made in the early to mid 90's in Canada and it's tight, no rattles. It appears that late model production guns were more prone to have quality issues.

I also had one of the Canada made P14.45s. Bought it brand new. Tight lil bugger. Used it in USPSA limited as an upgrade from a .40cal Witness (which was a sloppy gun). My P14 would run all day perfectly accurate with any ammo and a bit of slide glide. Never noticed any tinniness. Passed it on to my son-in-law and grandson but I still miss what a fine machine it was.

My first .45 was an old army issue colt... twas sloppier than my ex's bubblegum. But you could keep that thing behind the seat and it would still run great!