JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just bought my first Para Ordnance 1911 at the local pawn shop

Future plans are replacing the sights with Trijicon night sights, EGW guide rod conversion and lightened trigger install. I was able to pick up some magazines for cheap from Sarco. Once thoroughly tested for reliability it will be an alternative to my CZ P10C as a CC gun.

21083406_10214142550783585_2741724749695300877_o.jpg

Last Edited:
Dunno if a para expert counts but it's not yet failed and feeds any ammo I put in it.

I'd like a slightly higher end model though. It's a bit loose but shoots well regardless.

Had (2) P14.45's, they never failed to go bang, had a P10.45 (I think they called it a Warthog or some silly thing) it was a POS jam-o-matic, but just reaffirmed my conviction that the further from 5" you get on a 1911 the less reliable they become.

I've got a Para P14.45 LTD I got at a local pawn shop last year - I love it! Double stack 1911 is awesome! Would love to get one in 10mm.
A friend of mine St work has a 10mm and loves it and there is someone on here that has one that posted pictures before that looked awsom

I bought a P12-45 brand new around '92.
At first the only thing I didn't like was the price of new mags. At around 1000 rounds it developed a timing issue with the firing pin safety. Para took care of that and replaced springs and such at no charge. Beside this problem it was a great little gun that only failed to work perfectly if it was limp wristed. If I still owned it that "safety" would be removed.

I often wish I'd not let it go.

The rear sight on the gun shown above is not original, at least not as far as I remember.

Last Edited:
I bought a P12-45 brand new around '92.
At first the only thing I didn't like was the price of new mags. At around 100 rounds it developed a timing issue with the firing pin safety. Para took care of that and replaced springs and such at no charge. Beside this problem it was a great little gun that only failed to work perfectly if it was limp wristed. If I still owned it that "safety" would be removed.

I often wish I'd not let it go.

The rear sight on the gun shown above is not original, at least not as far as I remember.

I am in the process of taking the rear sight off as we speak. As far as magazines go Sarco has them for the best price. I ordered 2 and the gun came with 3 when I purchased it. So far I've polished all the internal contact surfaces. The trigger feels pretty good, I really like the short reset.

I have had a bunch of Para Ord guns, and I used to think they were pretty great. I took my newest P-14 to a gunsmith who specialized in 1911 work one day for some customization and he told me that if I take off the slide on any Para gun & measure the grooves that support the slide both front & back, that I will find every Para is smaller in the front or in the rear--He told me that those rails should be perfectly square, with the same measurement front & back--He told me that for this reason Para's could never be very accurate and therefore would not do any work on a Para. He showed me how some of his custom guns sounded when their slides were locked open and released and it made my P-14 sound cheap and tinny--He showed me how on my Para rocking the slide from side to side, compared to his custom guns which had zero play...

I sold all my Para's after that and I replaced them. The P-10 I had carried was replaced with a Kimber Ultra Ten-2, the P-14's were replaced with an STI 2011,
Both of which are more accurate than my Para's ever were

Last Edited:
I have had a bunch of Para Ord guns, and I used to think they were pretty great. I took my newest P-14 to a gunsmith who specialized in 1911 work one day for some customization and he told me that if I take off the slide on any Para gun & measure the grooves that support the slide both front & back, that I will find every Para is smaller in the front or in the rear--He told me that those rails should be perfectly square, with the same measurement front & back--He told me that for this reason Para's could never be very accurate and therefore would not do any work on a Para. He showed me how some of his custom guns sounded when their slides were locked open and released and it made my P-14 sound cheap and tinny--He showed me how on my Para rocking the slide from side to side, compared to his custom guns which had zero play...

I sold all my Para's after that and I replaced them. The P-10 I had carried was replaced with a Kimber Ultra Ten-2, the P-14's were replaced with an STI 2011,
Both of which are more accurate than my Para's ever were
Ha. Try that side to side on any plastic gun and your Para will seem tight as a tic:p