JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm trying to find a gunsmith who can install some new sights for my pistols but the only one I found so far in this area is Revelation Arms. They seem to have a good reputation but I can't get hold of the owner...

Any other recommendations out here for a gunsmith? Rich's Gun Shop is asking $75 for each pistol plus 2-4 weeks wait time...that's just too much and too long.

I'm trying to find a gunsmith who can install some new sights for my pistols but the only one I found so far in this area is Revelation Arms. They seem to have a good reputation but I can't get hold of the owner...

Any other recommendations out here for a gunsmith? Rich's Gun Shop is asking $75 for each pistol plus 2-4 weeks wait time...that's just too much and too long.

You won't find much better or too much closer that will be any cheaper.
I always thought Lee was very fair and so was his dad.
Also he was a speaker at every anti SB941 meeting and well worth supporting.
Just my lowly old opinion.:D

You won't find much better or too much closer that will be any cheaper.
I always thought Lee was very fair and so was his dad.
Also he was a speaker at every anti SB941 meeting and well worth supporting.
Just my lowly old opinion.:D

I'm sorry but who's Lee? o_O

You can try Jerry at Black Mountain Armor. He hasn't done any work for me, but I stopped by to chat with him and got the impression he is a good and standup guy. He ended up being very helpful on another non-firearm related project.

Jerry Reinbold
Black Mountain Armor LLC
21420 NW Nicholas Ct.
D-3
Hillsboro , OR. 97124
503-317-0308
[email protected]

You can try Jerry at Black Mountain Armor. He hasn't done any work for me, but I stopped by to chat with him and got the impression he is a good and standup guy. He ended up being very helpful on another non-firearm related project.

Jerry Reinbold
Black Mountain Armor LLC
21420 NW Nicholas Ct.
D-3
Hillsboro , OR. 97124
503-317-0308
[email protected]

I just called him and he seems to be a pretty great guy and his prices are competitive. I'm planning on heading over to him next week with an apex trigger to install as well but was wondering if anyone else out there has used his services before.

Ah, got it!

Yeah, the guy at Rich's Gun Shop sounds pretty genuine with a great customer service attitude but 2-4 weeks is a long time without home defense or conceal carry.

Good gunsmiths are in demand.
I would be concerned more if he had no backlog.
That usually happens when people dont go because they do lousy work.
2 to 4 weeks is very reasonable for a competent gunsmith. :)

$75 per pistol... Clearly I need to raise my prices! And for that price they should do it while you wait! Take a half hour max to install sights! And no I'm not a hammer and punch smith :(

I guess I should be a contributor on this site and start advertising my services!

$75 per pistol... Clearly I need to raise my prices! And for that price they should do it while you wait! Take a half hour max to install sights! And no I'm not a hammer and punch smith :(

I guess I should be a contributor on this site and start advertising my services!

May I ask for what your rates and services are?

An Apex Trigger -- or just the Sear ?

A sear is a home install, while you are in there polish up metal on metal contact. Half hour.
If you can change the oil in your car, or bake a cake (from a box mix) you can do it.

And you can probably do the springs if you are going for the carry kit.

If you need / want the striker block replaced, then I'd pay for the service - getting the rear sight off ( red locktite, use heat ) is not easy, unless you have a shop setup. Yes, you can bang it off, but, um, a press is much better. If you'll have that done, ensure the striker block channel is de-burred.

Not trying to talk you out of using a smith.

I used Revolution Arms in Aloha to install my sights - on S&W pistol.

An Apex Trigger -- or just the Sear ?

A sear is a home install, while you are in there polish up metal on metal contact. Half hour.
If you can change the oil in your car, or bake a cake (from a box mix) you can do it.

And you can probably do the springs if you are going for the carry kit.

If you need / want the striker block replaced, then I'd pay for the service - getting the rear sight off ( red locktite, use heat ) is not easy, unless you have a shop setup. Yes, you can bang it off, but, um, a press is much better. If you'll have that done, ensure the striker block channel is de-burred.

Not trying to talk you out of using a smith.

I used Revolution Arms in Aloha to install my sights - on S&W pistol.

It would be the full Apex trigger kit. I have called Revolution Arms about four times throughout the week and have sent an email but still haven't been able to get in contact. I hear you can't just stop by his place too because of his guard dogs :(

I want to put the apex trigger kit on my m&p 40c... Where'd you pick yours up at! Let us know where you end up to get the work done I may just follow right behind ya if it's good service

I have called Revolution Arms about four times throughout the week and have sent an email but still haven't been able to get in contact. I hear you can't just stop by his place too because of his guard dogs :(

Roger can be pretty hit or miss, and does have some not so great feedback. He is getting older, but does seem to do a fair amount of military and private sector contract work over in the middle east. I don't know if he is gone right now, but he might be if you can't reach him by phone. I wouldn't stop by his shop out of the blue, it's attached to his house and he does have several large and seemingly very ferocious rottweilers, I would respect his privacy and wait to make an appointment. His prices are good, but finish work leaves something to be desired. He pin and welded a muzzle device/front sight combo for me that is slightly canted to the right, and he threaded a .22 for me with nonconcentric threads that caused some light baffle strikes on a suppressor. His prices are good, and there aren't a lot of other good options in the area besides some of those already mentioned. At this point, I would start to explore other options even at prices I don't agree with or do the trigger install in my garage with a youtube tutorial and a big hammer.

Buy yourself a sight pusher tool, watch a youtube video, and then do it yourself.

Roger can be pretty hit or miss, and does have some not so great feedback. He is getting older, but does seem to do a fair amount of military and private sector contract work over in the middle east. I don't know if he is gone right now, but he might be if you can't reach him by phone. I wouldn't stop by his shop out of the blue, it's attached to his house and he does have several large and seemingly very ferocious rottweilers, I would respect his privacy and wait to make an appointment. His prices are good, but finish work leaves something to be desired. He pin and welded a muzzle device/front sight combo for me that is slightly canted to the right, and he threaded a .22 for me with nonconcentric threads that caused some light baffle strikes on a suppressor. His prices are good, and there aren't a lot of other good options in the area besides some of those already mentioned. At this point, I would start to explore other options even at prices I don't agree with or do the trigger install in my garage with a youtube tutorial and a big hammer.

If ever there was a statement of RUN!, that review would be an example.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top