JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone out there have a preferred powder for pushing the 180grn (.430") Hornady XTP bullet in the 44 Rem Mag? I've used Titegroup with good results but I know that powder isn't the end-all powder for the broad range of loads and velocities in this caliber. Also, I would be interested to hear about a favorite target-only recipe that you may have regardless of components used. I'm new to loading the 44 mag, but not to handloading and I feel any advice when starting a new load is good advice. Thanks

I have no experience with the 180gr... but for target use, I really like 240gr hardcast SWC, over unique. Accurate enough for hitting soda cans. For a bigger bang, I use WW296 with the same bullet.

Deer kilts has me picturing an old Gary Larson/Farside cartoon strip! I'm cookin' loads for a Redhawk and I will probably try some H110 pretty soon.

Kilt=Killed backwoods spelling. lol

I've also been trying some 225grn Barnes bullets. they grouped awesome. I shot some it shale rock and the stood up great. Maybe Ill get to use them this year on a animal. Used AA No. 9.

Deer kilts has me picturing an old Gary Larson/Farside cartoon strip! I'm cookin' loads for a Redhawk and I will probably try some H110 pretty soon.

i use h110 for all my jacketed rounds. i think i used 27 grains for 200 grain bullet. the fire that emits from the barrell is about the size of a volkswagen. Last time I fired it, some guy thought I had a 460.

For my light weight S&W 329PD I load a 200 grain GDHP with 9.4 grains of Unique. For my S&W 629 6-1/2" Classic, my Desert Eagle, and my Marlin 1894 I load the 200 grain GDHP with 20.0 grains of 2400. I also use the same loading for 240 grain Nosler JSP. I've used the same two powders for 180 grain, 270 grain and 300 grain jacketed bullets, but pretty much have decided on 200 grain GDHP for the S&W 329PD and 240 grain XTP/HP for the other .44 magnum firearms. I have some 265 grain lead bullets I've yet to try, as lead is not ok in the Desert Eagle. Some day I might load up some for the Marlin, but I'm content with the 240 grain XTP/Hp bullet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top