JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1972 Chevy Blazer beach cruiser. This one is a 3/4 ton! I am constantly asked
by 20 to 30 year old youngsters "Did you build that?". :rolleyes:
No it is a 1972 Chevy Blazer.:) small block 400. Ocean Shores
20141031_140437.jpg

Why not an Isuzu Cab over box truck? While not 4X4, it would surely save you in fab work as the box is already there! FOr that matter, any of the Small 10 to 16 foot box trucks would make awesome R/V conversions! They are solidly built and proven drive trains that work long and hard! Most of these trucks can be had with various millage for a lot less then you think! Some even have lift gates, think of the possibilities!
View attachment 509973
There's a lot of room for ideas with an NPR. Since I don't currently have a big-man pickup, I fully intend to build something like this after my shop is built.
View attachment 510415
I'd leave the Isuzu engine/trans and add a divorced 205 with a 14 bolt out back and a 60 up front. I figure even with a 10-12 foot flatbed it'd still have a footprint no bigger than the average 1/2 ton pickup. Plus I'd have room to drop a full size camper with gear and a bike or quad for wilderness shenanigans.

Last Edited:
There's a lot of room for ideas with an NPR. Since I don't currently have a big-man pickup, I fully intend to build something like this after my shop is built.
View attachment 510415
I'd leave the Isuzu engine/trans and add a divorced 205 with a 14 bolt out back and a 60 up front. I figure even with a 10-12 foot flatbed it'd still have a footprint no bigger than the average 1/2 ton pickup. Plus I'd have room to drop a full size camper with gear and a bike or quad for wilderness shenanigans.

I'll See yer Isuzu and Raise ya a LMTV! About the same foot print as a H-1 Hummer!

957d124e08f86dafca5affc4d37287e8.jpg

Are there any weird licensing or registration restrictions on stuff like that?
It depends I guess. If importing, easiest is if its 25 years old or older... unless California:rolleyes:
But for the US LMTV surplus vehicles, I don't think there's any weird licensing/registration required, unless the GVW thing is over a certain number which would require Class A, maybe B in Oregon ?

It depends I guess. If importing, easiest is if its 25 years old or older... unless California:rolleyes:
But for the US LMTV surplus vehicles, I don't think there's any weird licensing/registration required, unless the GVW thing is over a certain number which would require Class A, maybe B in Oregon ?

CDL is only required for commercial vehicles. Any yajoo with a class C can drive a 50,000b motor home or camper - which is damn scary. Licensing issues would be for the vehicle, any private rig over 10k gvw requires truck plates like a CMV. Truck plates are more $$$

Toyota 4Runner and FJ are on frames, but probably won't work for what you describe.

Check out the Nissan NV. It can be built into a 4x4 camper:

View attachment 509947

Quigley makes a Nissan NV 4X4 van, let us say hallelujah - The Fast Lane Car
I just saw one of these decked out the other day. Good size lift and tires, it was nice. I hadn't even seen one of these things and the first one I laid eyes on was done up right. I went home and started researching them immediately!

I still think I may swap my 5.9 cummins into an Excursion one of these days.......

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top