JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, so I may be wrong, since I'm still new to carrying. But from how I understand it, you can have the weapon loaded if it's concealed, but not if it's open? Or is that something I drew from another thread on California's laws.

If that is the case....

I'd much rather have a loaded concealed weapon than an unloaded open one.

Get a smaller frame gun, get the right holster, and carry a lot! Even if your going to a friends house to hangout. Just know where you can and cannot go. Banks, schools, bars, govt buildings, etc. And don't tell anyone. Not even your friends. They tend to talk about it.
There is NO prohibition against carrying in a bank, it's not a federal institution or building. Maybe in some states but not in WA or OR.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 9 until the forum is updated
and not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

I am sure you are aware, there are numerous people in Washington that Open carry, and have no issues with it. If a LEO arrests you for "causing alarm" when no one is running around in a panic or alarm.. You just might have yourself a civil rights lawsuit.

Thats just FYI.

Except that's just what happened here in Vancouver. Guy was open carrying, some people became alarmed and called 911. He was charged and pled guilty to a lesser crime just a few months ago.

plus not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Uhh.. if someone notices or your gun shows it isn't illegal in OR. In fact, you can open carry if you want to. It just draws attention that most people prefer to avoid is all which is why we like to keep it concealed. It's also important if you are carrying in your workplace/school and if it is noticed you risk being fired/expelled.

Open carry is illegal in Portland and several other areas.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Ok, so I may be wrong, since I'm still new to carrying. But from how I understand it, you can have the weapon loaded if it's concealed, but not if it's open? Or is that something I drew from another thread on California's laws.

If that is the case....

I'd much rather have a loaded concealed weapon than an unloaded open one.

That is CA not WA. Read the WA laws that have been posted several times now. Not trying to beat you up but read, reread, then read the WA laws again, then bookmark them and read them again.

When you open carry the way you carry yourself does help a lot, especially if you look like law enforcement.

I dunno, I understand the whole exercising your rights thing but it just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense from a tactical stand point. I carry mine primarily for protection, not to make a statement. Now, if you were attending an open carry rally of some sort I could see it as acceptable because I really doubt some criminal would try to steal your gun with so much immediate firepower.

Anyway, that should be my last word on this...

In winter, any coat I have covers well.
In T shirt weather, I will print with my 1911s. I choose to OWB open carry and not have the worry. Legally.
Situation awareness, my arm in front of my gun, and a snug holster keeps my guns where they belongs.
My age, general look and the way I present myself, make a difference in how I am perceived . (In my opinion)
I did not do this when I was younger.
You said it well when you said
HAY, WHATEVER YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH.
Dave

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

Open carry is illegal in Portland and several other areas.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Wrong. It's illegal in Portland if you don't have a concealed handgun license. If you *do* have a concealed handgun license, you can open carry all you want. Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Oregon City, Salem, and Independence have passed loaded firearms bans encompassing all public places, but it does not apply to people with a CHL.

Wrong. It's illegal in Portland if you don't have a concealed handgun license. If you *do* have a concealed handgun license, you can open carry all you want. Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Oregon City, Salem, and Independence have passed loaded firearms bans encompassing all public places, but it does not apply to people with a CHL.

+1 for truth

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads