JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone in the forum shooting Free Pistol? There's an informal bunch of jokers who shoot them from 25 yards at Kenmore every Sunday, and the more serious guys shoot the league game out there on Monday nights.

hammerlifp60bobbed.jpg

toz35mbobbed.jpg

No wonder they're "free". ;) :s0114:

Just joking. No offense intended.

:(
No wonder they're "free". ;) :s0114:...

Free only exists when weird uncle Ed dies and leaves you a bunch of junk you don't want. Unfortunately, a Free Pistol requires some lunch money to obtain. The term "Free" refers to its rules and restrictions. The design of most competition pistols is regulated. A Free Pistol is a bit of a rogue, though. It has to be .22lr with iron sights. It could be an auto-loader, but can only be fired in single-shot mode in competition. The grip cannot contact the hand beyond the wrist, and the pistol has to be held with one extended hand. There are no restrictions on barrel length, sight radius, or trigger weight. Beyond that, get creative. You can even buy them these days with electric triggers. Considering that a few boxes of $3 ammo will feed one all day, in that regard they are almost free.

I have a few, 2 ruger 10/22 very modified, the full stock and carbon fiber wrapped barrel is my sweetheart, and the old mod 60 is one my brother built for dad to replace one lost in a fire, the nickle taurus is the wifes gun, and the"saa" is acctually double action, I love my pop guns.

I just bought a 22/45 Lite and I will be adding an optic ASAP FUN to shoot!

I just camo'd my 10/22 today (it was too borring just plain) and I added a red dot as well.

Tomorrow I think its time to go to the range and dial in the Red Dot. and shoot the 22/45 Lite.

Respectfully,

ORSECTRAIN
"Be Safe Out There!"

:(

Free only exists when weird uncle Ed dies and leaves you a bunch of junk you don't want. Unfortunately, a Free Pistol requires some lunch money to obtain. The term "Free" refers to its rules and restrictions. The design of most competition pistols is regulated. A Free Pistol is a bit of a rogue, though. It has to be .22lr with iron sights. It could be an auto-loader, but can only be fired in single-shot mode in competition. The grip cannot contact the hand beyond the wrist, and the pistol has to be held with one extended hand. There are no restrictions on barrel length, sight radius, or trigger weight. Beyond that, get creative. You can even buy them these days with electric triggers. Considering that a few boxes of $3 ammo will feed one all day, in that regard they are almost free.

Interesting. I didn't know the details of free pistol. I did know that they are not cheap. Of course, I was just poking a little fun....they are rather strange looking. Almost like a piece of driftwood attached to a pipe. Still, a piece of art. A form fitted sculpture.

No offense intended, but a typical range day at Kenmore has centerfire shooters showing up and blowing through $50 worth of ammo, then leaving in 45 minutes. On average, the 22lr shooters spend about $10 and shoot 150 to 200 rounds of very accurate fire and leave after two or three hours. From what I've seen, they have a LOT more fun. ;) Anyone who shoots more than 50 rounds of 22 rimfire per week is "big time" in my book. Many of the serious 22lr shooters also practice with airguns at home, too. Sometimes less can be more. :s0155:

This is why I love my 10/22, besides the fact that is has sentimental value to me. I can buy a 550 round bulk pack from Walmart for $20 and shoot for 2 hours, or I can buy $100 worth of .223 and shoot for 15 minutes lol. Low recoil (good because my shoulder is bad), fairly quiet, cheap to shoot, what else can I ask for?!

I wouldn't call myself a big time rimfire shooter though, I only shoot 200 rounds or so every other week, maybe once a month if I'm busy. The fact that I don't belong to any local gun clubs doesn't help either heh

... I did know that they are not cheap. Of course, I was just poking a little fun....they are rather strange looking. Almost like a piece of driftwood attached to a pipe. Still, a piece of art. A form fitted sculpture.

I've seen seasoned, but nicely functional TOZ-35's sell for $400. CDNN Sports had a bunch about a year back in that price range. New 35's from Larry Carter/larrysguns.com run about $1300 fitted with a Rink grip and weighted forend. The new Morini, Pardini, and Hammerli are close to $2K. If you hang around the guys who shoot them, there is a good chance somebody will have some older iron for sale. They appear on GunBroker and the TargetTalk board occasionally, too.

"Driftwood attached to a pipe"?? :s0114:

The TOZ-35m fresh off the beach...

ozsgn.jpg

Anyone in the forum shooting Free Pistol? There's an informal bunch of jokers who shoot them from 25 yards at Kenmore every Sunday, and the more serious guys shoot the league game out there on Monday nights.

I shoot some 10m air pistol. Have a Hammerli 480K that I got from Doc Young

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads