JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seems like all I have the $$ for is to shoot my .22's now days. I have a Ruger 22/45 mk3, and a Marlin Model 60 ss.
Just lookin to see if anybody else plays the nickel a shot game a bunch...
Would love to shoot the rimfire breeze a bunch with anybody...

I wouldn't consider myself to be a 'big time' .22lr shooter, but I do shoot it every time I go out. I'm in the same boat, not being able to afford the more expensive ammo very often. I have a GSG-5, Ruger SR22, Ruger MK1, Ruger Single Six, and a Marlin Model 70. I never realized most of my 22's are Rugers :)

I've got a couple I shoot every week, along with my 1911's and Garand. I've got a nice shooting S&W 22A with an inexpensive Tru-Glo red dot and a Savage Mark II with a Bushnell 4-16 X40 scope. I like shooting Necco wafers at 50 yards with it. I'm sure the ants at the range love it to.

Dang! You sound bigger time then me...
I dunno, I guess a good day shooting .22's for me is going through at least 300 rounds....

Out of all of those, what is your favorite? Any mods done to the mk1 or Marlin?

After burning myself out on the thrill of doing "Mag dumps" of .223 and 7.62 and staring at the mountain of brass I now have to reload with my single stage loader, I'm finding myself using my Ruger 10/22 more than not when I target shoot. ;)

Yeah Jack, I would love to blow through a bunch of .357 ammo, but it is so dang expensive! On top of that, I dont reload.

I dunno... The .22's are fun! I like to shoot 12 gauge shells with the Ruger up to about 40 yards. Golf balls up to that distance dont stand a chance either. The Marlin rifle is fun to try to hit the bulls eye at 100 yds with. It has been a while since I have done that. The old scope I had was up to the task, but the rings walked off the rail, and then I stripped them out trying to lock them down.
I have a new 3-9x40 with new rings on it now, so I should be golden out to 100 yds! Its just fun to show those center fire guys what cheap ammo can do!

5 .22 rifles and a MarkIII here. You should check out an Appleseed event. There's one Aug 4/5 in Castle Rock (was supposed to be Stevenson but chances are very good it will move to CR) or Sept 8/9 @ Douglas Ridge.

Thanks for the link! I bookmarked it and will have to look into it. Its funny, I thought those smaller springs looked like spit valve springs for trumpets, I read down the listing and they call it 'music wire'..... I would like to drop that trigger pull a bit. That is the only complaint I have with that gun.

I would like to go to an Appleseed event!! I need to read up on those again. I looked at it when I first started shooting my 22/45, but forgot all about them.

I have a Ruger 10/22 that I am finding more and more fun to shoot every time! I'm looking to buy a Mark III very soon. Plus, at $17.00 for a box of 525, I'll be doing a LOT more .22 shooting in the days ahead. Which reminds me, I need to open a thread about 10/22 mags.

4da97acb.jpg
Boy howdy do I like plinking deuces. I probably have 20 or so to choose from (pistols & rifles). Old ones, new ones, I like all of them. They always make me feel like a kid again, where my large calibers seem to make me feel like a adult. Hope the pic works from the iPad.

Last Edited:
Ironbar, if you ever want to try my mark iii, it is the 22/45 version, but you can still give it a shot if you want. I will also show you the tear down trick too!
Do not worry, they are easy to take down after the first time....

Blammo, that is another one of the many reasons I like plinking with them as well! I love the giggles I get when I hit clays on the bank at the back of the 100 yd range with my 22/45....

Anybody in sw wa area be up for a .22 shoot some time?? It would be fun to get a good sized group out shooting some place for the day.

22s are all I shoot and own. Popped a couple hundred rounds this afternoon without breaking the bank.

MKIII 22/45
MKIII-1.jpg

Walther P22

Henry Frontier

And I have a CZ 452 Varmint on the way.

I re-discovered .22's a couple of years ago when reloading supplies all but dis apeared. I got caught short on that AND .22 ammo.Ain't gonna happen again,LOL
Kone,if u'd like to learn reloading,or reload some ammo ,i'm in washougal and avialbalbe evenings to show u the ropes.
I have a MK2 22/45 with short bull barrel,a farily stock 10/22,and Marlin model 60..so far. lol I take all threee along on range trips,along with some centerfire stuff.

I need to look up trigger mod for my 10/22. Brand new and the trigger was very stiff. Welcome to the 22lr club, I just joined last week!
Well, you could do it yourself, but for $35 you can have it done for you. You'll be very pleased with the result. Send your trigger group to David at BrimstoneGunsmithing - Brimstone Gunsmithing You won't regret it for a minute.

I had one of my 10/22's done that it turned out great, but it make the other stock 10/22 seem crappy by comparison. Now it needs a trigger job as well.

I also have a Browning Buckmark and a M&P 22, so yes I do like shooting 22's. Next I need a bolt action 22. I'm thinking a CZ455 would be a good choice.

The .22 suppressors are the only ones that are "Hollywood quiet," and that in my book is their ace in the hole. I think .22LR is the most underrated round out there, with all the reach, accuracy, and lethality needed for almost any circumstances I'm likely to encounter. Well, except for short-range SD against two-legged predators.

I have an SWR Warlock can that I mount to a Ruger Mk III Target, a Marlin Papoose breakdown rifle, and a custom build with a fast-twist barrel that's intended specifically for 60gr. Aquila SSS rounds.

The guys over at rimfirecentral.com really impress me, but there's more to my game than benchrest accuracy. There are just so many choices out there, and in truth I don't even know how many .22 pistols, rifles, and bricks of ammo I own.

Hahahaha!! This has made my morning guys!! Good to see all the plinkers come out of the woodwork!
Chemist, I have only shot one gun with a suppressor on it and it was cool as crap!! It was a relatives 9mm and it sounded like if you hit two ballpeen hammers together. I couldnt shoot a .22 with a can.... I would be broke in a heart beat getting my gun threaded then buying the can.... The people at rimfire are good guys, but yeah, you can have way more fun just plinking cans at 100 yds then getting the 'one hole' off of a bench vise rigged to the shooting table.
Throck, I will shoot you a pm in a bit. I would love to try out some reloading!!!! I have some empty .357 rounds and some bullets I can bring if you have the dies and stuff to do that sort of ammo.

Well, shuffle over a bit so I can move in, and I'll tell you about my little collection over here in yUK, where, as you might imagine, the .22LR is VERY popular.

I have - they are, in date order -

1. 1910 BSA Model 1 - a unique take-down version made for a boy's birthday by alexander Martin of Glasgow - here, at the bottom of the page, you'll find a pic of it - BSA Model 1 bolt action rifle

2. 1930 Walther Sport 1 - semi-auto/bolt-action with original 1930 Walther scope - bought new by my dad in a Cork gunstore and used to teach me to shoot when I was six years old.

3. 1930-something Walther DSM Sportmodelle 1.

4. 1937 Mauser ES350 - near mint - with a great story about the backsight that I'll tell one day. It has a late 1940's Ajack scope and high mounts.

5. 1957 BSA International MkII leftie and x18 Unertl 2" Supertarget scope.

6. 1965 BSA International MkII rightie with unique laminated thumbhole stock with a x18 Tasco Supertarget scope.

7. 1967 Anschutz Model 1407 heavy barrel thumbhole stock with x36 Weaver T36.

That's all, Folks.

tac

Tac, that sounds like a great collection!! Its cool that you have the stories that go along with them as well! Do they see range time? I would be torn between shooting them and keeping them in great shape.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top