JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really like the 22lr. Its great fun for the hole family. I too have more then just a few.
5- Ruger 10-22's
2- Walther p22's one with a SWR Spector
1- Savage model 72
1- Coast to Coast 285R
1- Remington 510
1- Wnichester 52
1- Winchester 67
1- Ruger mkII
1- Colt New Frontier Convertible
1- Colt New Frontier Buntline 22lr Convertible
1- Colt Peacemaker 22lr Convertible
1- S&W 18-3 22lr
1- S&W 63
3- Ruger Single Six All convertibles
1- Pink Cricket
1- Ruger 10-22 Mag.
1- Henry lever H001 22lr
1- Marlin golden 39A Take Down
1- Henry goldenboy H004M 22mag
And that's just what I can remember. I'm sure i have a few more hidden in one of my safes.
And YES i didn't realize I had so many so a few will be on the chopping block soon.

KK - here in yUK the rule is simple - in some counties you can only keep them IF you show use. Not so in MY county, but there is no point in going through all the hoops and have a guns that you don't shoot. I'm lucky, being retired, so I can shoot on our indoor and outdoor range six days a week, mostly four days or evenings a week and I shoot them all.

This is the rest of my guns here in yUK, and no laffin', please -

1. 1861 .58cal Musketoon BP carbine.
2. 1897 DWM Boer War 7x57 Mauser bringback carbine with named stock and known history of the Boer owner - one of 2000 shipped to ZAR in August 1897
3. 1898 6.5x55SE Carl Gustaf m/96-38 near mint.
4. 1912 Mauser Model B sporter 7x57, brought back from Rhodesia in 1990.
5. 1914 Schmidt-Rubin 7.5x55 Swiss K96/11.
6. 1944 7.5x55 Swiss K31
7. 1980 K31-actioned 300m ISSF target rifle in .308Win
8. 1986 Krico 650SS tactical/practical in .308Win with 8-32x56 Nightforce NSX on top of a Picatinney rail
9. Ruger Old Army stainless .44cal BP revolver.
10. Colt Second Series Walker .44cal #1816 cased with all accessories
11. Ruger Super Redhawk .357Mag long-barrelled revolver with 2-7 Burris scope.

If you want pics, please email me via my PM - I can't upload images onto this site from my hard-drive.

And yes, I reload for everything that can be reloaded.

There's a few vids of us shooting on tac's trains on Youtube, if you care to have a look. Just use the tag - tac's trains - and shooting.

Best

tac

Dang! You sound bigger time then me...
I dunno, I guess a good day shooting .22's for me is going through at least 300 rounds....

Out of all of those, what is your favorite? Any mods done to the mk1 or Marlin?

To be honest, I kinda like them all for different reasons :D

No mods done to any of them.

The Marlin was my first rifle, purchased for me by my grandfather somewhere between age 8 and 10. Looking at their website now I guess it's a 795, rather than the Model 70. I remember going to get it with him at Bi-Mart. He was going to buy me the Model 60, with the magazine tube similar to his old Winchester. I begged and pleaded with him to buy me the one with the magazine, so much so that we ended up leaving that day without a rifle. He wasn't the type to put up with any nonsense; one word of whining or disrespect and the whole purchase/fishing trip/vacation/activity was finished and we were going home. I learned real quick to keep my mouth shut and be respectful to everyone.

A couple months later we were headed to Prineville to stay on a piece of land he had out there. As we were setting up to shoot at this cliff we called the Rim Rock he, satisfied with my behavior and what I had seemed to learn from the lesson, presented me with the 795.

He died back in 2004, at which time my brother and I divided his gun collection, and one of the ones I chose was the Mark I. I looked up the date of manufacture and it's one of the very early years, I wanna say 1951. Still has the elk bone grips he carved for it.

I don't think I'll ever modify either of those ;)

Joe that is a great story! And yeah, dont think I would ever mod them either.
My Marlin I got from my grandparents this last christmas. It was my Uncles who I looked up to very much, but past away the day after his 27th birthday. All I will do to that is just the scope that I put on it. He would of never needed a scope, but my eyes suck, and I wanna shoot far.

Tac that is cool you shoot all those classics!! Dont gotta worry about me laughing. I dunno, guns are kinda like old cars for me... The older they are and the more off the wall they are the cooler they are!!!

Bane, that is one heck of a selection as well!!! Gosh, I feel so under gunned here...

I spent last night tuning my rifles. I put Volquartzen hammers in both of the 597. Man what an improvment in trigger pull. Put an extended mag release and made an auto bolt release for my daughters 10/22 and put a bunch of sling studs on. Gonna hit the range this weekend to make sure all the sights are dialed in and then off to Appleseed on the 4th. Can't wait to have all my girls on the line :)

I love my .22's. The best and by far my favorite to shoot. Granted, shooting any type of firearm is awesome. But a .22 is the best overall, for many reasons. It's generally the first gun a family member will teach you to shoot with. Very accurate if taken care of, and cheap to shoot. I plan on doing some rat shooting next spring, cause it's been too long.

I've got:
1 Winchester model 62
1 Glenfield single shot (my first)
1 Ruger single six convert.
1 Ruger MKII SS w/6" bull barrel
1 Remington Nylon 66 (brown)
1 Ruger 10/22 stock with Butler Creek stock, Bushnell Sportview 3X9-40, with Leupold base and scope rings
1 Ruger 10/22T SS with laminated wood stock, with same optics as other 10/22

I love seeing how accurate you can get with a good .22. Most of my guns are nail drivers.

++++111111 on the Appleseed events! My girlfriend and I went to Redmond, Ore. bout 10 days ago and had a great time. The history lesson on the Revolutionary War is worth the fees!!!!........go to RWVA.com and check it out!!!!!.......

Went to the range today to sight in all the .22's for next weekends Appleseed shoot. Got the target stand out at 25y and I had my scope fairly dialed in when a fly landed on my target. I took the shot and missed him by a mile. Didn't even scare him off. He wasn't so lucky on my second shot. I'm officially a hunter now :D

I love .22lr!!!

I take all of mine each range trip. I have a Ruger 10/22, a Ruger MKII Stainless Bull Barrel 22/45, a Ruger MK III Stainless Bull Barrel 22/45, a Henry Bolt Action single shot for the kids, and this wayyyyyyy toooo much fun Walther G22 Bull Pup like shown in the pic below. I have removed the front site on mine and installed a Walther Red Dot scope, as well as installed a vertical front grip.

1240096042.jpg

---------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

Hello all I recently converted to .22 shooting to save bucks I can buy a brick of 22 ammo for the cost of A 1/4 box of my 338 rounds. I have A remmington 521T with A lyman peep sight on the back, and just picked up a Savage mk. 1 and A 3x9 scope to go on top. and a Glenfeild model 60 and A Savage model 72 falling block with an octagon barrel. Love the old fashion style rifles.

I shoot bullseye with Hammerli 208s, and various 1911 22 conversions. Also I am rather good at High Standard tuning. Have been meaning to get into the 22 long range shoots at Emerald Empire GC with Anschutz 1413 or 40x.

Anyone in the forum shooting Free Pistol? There's an informal bunch of jokers who shoot them from 25 yards at Kenmore every Sunday, and the more serious guys shoot the league game out there on Monday nights.

hammerlifp60bobbed.jpg

toz35mbobbed.jpg

I wouldn't consider myself to be a 'big time' .22lr shooter, but I do shoot it every time I go out. I'm in the same boat, not being able to afford the more expensive ammo very often. I have a GSG-5, Ruger SR22, Ruger MK1, Ruger Single Six, and a Marlin Model 70. I never realized most of my 22's are Rugers :)

Some time back working nights in a gun shop 1968 9 when not at the Proof box - Rem nylon 66 was the gun to shoot pennies with. Bill Ruger introduced the 10/22 I bought one.
We had a few around used to sell in the shop. Every one had a crack on the steel pin bolt guide, right at the end of the slide toward the chamber breech. I sent him a letter he replied with thanks.
I love .22s 10/22s are fine but for competition I liked my 541s custom. Unlike my competitors hunting was more my influence so a gun most like my 700 bdl caught my eye It was a great gun to shoot at 100 yards as well as 25 yards. Although pistol shooting as a member of the Westchester county police team I chose a S&W mod 41- 5-1/2'' with a sliding dovetail sight. I once shot 25 yards, slow timed fire 299 of 300 score.
I think I still have the target.
I love a good .22 rim fire.

Not sure if I'm "big time", but I do shoot about 300 .22 LR rounds/week in my shop at a bullet trap. I keep the doors closed so as to keep the complaints to a minimum. So far, so good.

Not sure if I'm "big time", but I do shoot about 300 .22 LR rounds/week....

No offense intended, but a typical range day at Kenmore has centerfire shooters showing up and blowing through $50 worth of ammo, then leaving in 45 minutes. On average, the 22lr shooters spend about $10 and shoot 150 to 200 rounds of very accurate fire and leave after two or three hours. From what I've seen, they have a LOT more fun. ;) Anyone who shoots more than 50 rounds of 22 rimfire per week is "big time" in my book. Many of the serious 22lr shooters also practice with airguns at home, too. Sometimes less can be more. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top