Antique pocket gun question

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Shellsters, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shellsters

Shellsters
    Rosebug, Oregon
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Want to know what the law says about carrying an antique handgun in a pocket without a CC.
    Anyone know what the rules are here?

2. Kruejl

Kruejl
    Hillsboro
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Gold Supporter

I don't believe there is any difference. A concealed handgun is a concealed handgun. Why not just get your CHL and be legal?

Lextruck, Sgt Nambu and AndyinEverson like this.
  3. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson
    Everson, Wa.
    Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Well since many places do not consider antiques , firearms and place them under the same rules / laws..you might be okay to conceal carry without a permit....
    That said...

I am not a lawyer , nor play one on TV...also I would not want to be a test court case either....
    I would strongly suggest you get a permit and be legal...its far easier , than explaining yourself to a law enforcement officer or in a courtroom.

Andy

Sgt Nambu and Kruejl like this.
  4. Kruejl

Kruejl
    Hillsboro

Tis true, and I agree as well! Especially if you get in a spot where you have to use it!

Sgt Nambu and AndyinEverson like this.
  5. Kruejl

Kruejl
    Hillsboro

And, since asking for legal advice like this on an internet forum can be inherently dangerous and full of misinformation.....

I would consult your county LE office or maybe an attorney that specializes in firearms in Oregon.

To keep false information and suggestions of doing something that could potentially break the law out of this.....

Thread closed.

CountryGent and AndyinEverson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.