JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would go with the 270.
if your new to antelope hunting I would spend some range time out to at least 300 yards, or longer.
Im not the most experienced antelope hunter, but the two tags Ive drawn took me several days to get within 300yds of them to even think of getting a shot off.

What unit are you applying for?
Steens

270 for sure and your barnes bullet will be just fine. Antelope country tends to be windy and the 270 will be way better than 223 in those conditions.

In Colorado we lived out on the plains and it was lousy with pronghorn sometimes they would just run alongside the truck as if to race !
I've experienced similar near Island Park, Idaho and right here at our property where they run along with the vehicle, or simply walk over close enough I could drop one with my CZP10c. But, out in the Columbia Gorge it seems difficult to get within a few hundred yards before they take off in a cloud of dust.

Last antelope I took used .270 WSM at 250 yards, 130 grain Nosler, near Dubois, Wyoming. Next year son took grandchildren on a doe hunt to same area. One used 25.06 and other 7mm.08. Adult son used suppressor on .223. Fortunately all one shot kills. Accuracy from practice, competence from practice, and with antelope, a measure of good luck is required. If they have been pressed, you might see a little antelope dust, as they crest the horizon in rapid departure.

i know a guy whos got his antelope tag the past 2 years in a row. if he gets it again this year i may have an aneurysm

I sold my .270 and miss it so I'm looking at a Savage Storm in 6.5 Creedmore to replace it.
same as, "I sold my 1971 Toyota Landcruiser and miss it so I'm looking at a KIA Sportage to replace it."

same as, "I sold my 1971 Toyota Landcruiser and miss it so I'm looking at a KIA Sportage to replace it."
LOL, more like I sold my old beater Savage 110 .270 to a fellow lefty that had never shot a left hand rifle before and when she did and saw that it was much better than giving a right handed rifle the ol' reach around. So I am looking at the new Savage 110 in 6.5 Creedmore to replace it.

LOL, more like I sold my old beater Savage 110 .270 to a fellow lefty that had never shot a left hand rifle before and when she did and saw that it was much better than giving a right handed rifle the ol' reach around. So I am looking at the new Savage 110 in 6.5 Creedmore to replace it.
Okay, so you're gonna buy another Land Cruiser, but put a Pinto motor in it? :rolleyes:

Despairing my gun/caliber choices just makes you mean spirited and petty, are you sure that's who you want to be?
I think "Savage Storm" sounds like a youth budget action that is replacing a flagship action.
I just looked and Storm uses a 110 action.

So you're good to go.
No Man Card demerits.

:D

DD
Who also has a 6.5 Man Bun (Creedmoor)
A nice chambering.

Despairing my gun/caliber choices just makes you mean spirited and petty, are you sure that's who you want to be?
Since my lighthearted caliber debate was misinterpreted to the point that name calling was deemed appropriate, I will respectfully demure from disturbing your sensitivities any further.

I took this video this morning. He's making himself presentable for the ladies…I assume. (Earbuds and sound up helps)

Link:
Cool! He'll go about nine inches. Youngster that'll get his heiney whipped come the rut, but a couple of these frustrated teenagers can keep a big buck running them off all day, not eating much. They get pretty haggard looking.

Not my largest, but most unique. 20220422_123110.jpg 20220422_123101.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads