Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Another US House bill

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by elsie, Apr 26, 2013.

1. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

The text of the bill wasn't available when I looked this morning, but the title struck me. IIRC, the appropriation riders were the things that prohibited using funds to create a registry of firearms.

HR 1728 - To repeal certain appropriations riders that limit the ability of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to administer the Federal firearms laws.

elsie

2. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

That doesn't sound good... sounds like they are trying to slip one past us unnoticed.

rocky3 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. bunkerguy

bunkerguy vegas Member

lets save money and lives.. lets cut the whole damn Bureau, If its saves one live isn't it worth doing?

cueball1214 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

So far it's been introduced by our old *pal* Charlie Rangel, and referred to committee.
    (where it will hopefully die a quiet death with no recognition)
    To repeal certain appropriations riders that limit the ability of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to administer the Federal firearms laws. (H.R. 1728) - GovTrack.us
    H.R.1728 - To repeal certain appropriations riders that limit the ability of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to administer the Federal firearms laws.
    I would like to know what those appropriation riders are though.
    We could have a national holiday for the day each one was added to the bills/budgets that passed!