JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The text of the bill wasn't available when I looked this morning, but the title struck me. IIRC, the appropriation riders were the things that prohibited using funds to create a registry of firearms.

HR 1728 - To repeal certain appropriations riders that limit the ability of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to administer the Federal firearms laws.

elsie

The text of the bill wasn't available when I looked this morning, but the title struck me. IIRC, the appropriation riders were the things that prohibited using funds to create a registry of firearms.

HR 1728 - To repeal certain appropriations riders that limit the ability of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to administer the Federal firearms laws.

elsie

lets save money and lives.. lets cut the whole damn Bureau, If its saves one live isn't it worth doing?

So far it's been introduced by our old *pal* Charlie Rangel, and referred to committee.
(where it will hopefully die a quiet death with no recognition)
To repeal certain appropriations riders that limit the ability of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to administer the Federal firearms laws. (H.R. 1728) - GovTrack.us
H.R.1728 - To repeal certain appropriations riders that limit the ability of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to administer the Federal firearms laws.
ntroduced:
Apr 25, 2013 (113th Congress, 2013–2015)
Sponsor:
Rep. Charles Rangel [D-NY13]
Referred to Committee
I would like to know what those appropriation riders are though.
We could have a national holiday for the day each one was added to the bills/budgets that passed!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top