JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All part of the plan...vilify and smear enough that good, law-abiding folks will be silenced...then they can continue on much easier unopposed.

Boss
Yep, make gun ownership socially unacceptable, make gun owners pariahs and then...

On the topic of silencing people.
I admit that I dont have Facebook Twitter, etc. But, I truly believe that the people that speakup for the 2A on social media are absolutely helping our cause. Not because they will change the minds of the Anti's but because they absolutely will change the minds of some, more rational/resonable people that see their comments. I see a lot of gun owners making excuses, saying this is a wast of time.

No effort to support the 2A and our freedom is a wast of time

What bothers me is is the reporting does not say anyone was threatened or the owner had any mental issues, or displayed any odd behavior. All it says is the family members were 'concerned' - but nothing about what their 'concerns' were.
Technically this is not even a 'red flag' situation. The report does not mention if anything was illegal and in fact the report said there 'no pending criminal charges at this time'.
So what is/was the justification for for the coordinated removal of all the items?
Either the reporting is very incorrect or there is more to it.

I agree, this isnt a red flag case and that the media is putting an anti-gun spin on this.
I bet the couple has reached a time where a family member had to take care of their estate is all, and just didn't know what to do or how to handle the guns. So they asked the local PD to intervene. The guy was a collector. Harmless.

But of course, why include that in the media coverage. Yet, they go to great lengths to ask the neighbors how they feel about it, obviously they were oblivious to his collection. Like a wise gun collector would be like.

It says his family members called police when the found military items.

The LEOs came and found they were military collectables, and deemed the house safe, with no charges.

So whats the big deal?

Everybody getting real bent out of shape over every little mention of someone calling people with little to no info.

Calm down.

What would be more helpful would be to start a thread with FACTUAL articles with real cases of abuses to red flag laws.

Everybody getting real bent out of shape over every little mention of someone calling people with little to no info.

Calm down.

What would be more helpful would be to start a thread with FACTUAL articles with real cases of abuses to red flag laws.

Not sure you listened to the whole report! It's a real issue when a family member turns you in for have any kind of a collection and them being made to have a MENTAL evaluation for having said collection!!!
If you don't think that's a REAL case of abuse I don't know what is!
Stacy

I hate to say it but red flag laws are gonna be a thing because the vast majority of them will be legit cases. It 'IS' a way to deal with an obvious problem when someone mental shouldn't have guns. And NO I'm not supporting them because their IS a lack of due process and such they can be used against an honest sane person.

This particular story is not a red flag case though. Not certain why we are thinking it is.

Not sure you listened to the whole report! It's a real issue when a family member turns you in for have any kind of a collection and them being made to have a MENTAL evaluation for having said collection!!!
If you don't think that's a REAL case of abuse I don't know what is!
Stacy
E3BEE748-30A3-4552-AC42-92412FFA373E.jpeg

Looks like the guy had a bunch of inert or fake bombs, munitions.
The family was no doubt over reacting.

But did they take his collection?
Yes but we don't know why? Did he have dementia? going into a care home? In poor health? Unfortunately the article doesn't say
Did they arrest him?
No

And does it say that they called because the way he was acting? The article I read said family members were cleaning the man's house when they found the bombs and called police out of worry.

There are cases of police over stepping, but this wasn't one of them.

Lets not fall in the weeds by promoting "Red Flag" atrocities that are not valid.

Were doing nothing but stirring drama and misinformation.

Last Edited:
Not related to OP, but is Another Red Flag incident, probably not worthy of a new thread

"Last week, police in and around Phoenix, Arizona, questioned a teenager and his parents and searched their home and the kid's school after the teen posted to a group chat a jokey message that raised concerns in our see-something-say-something age. In the message, the kid referred to going to school the next day posted alongside a photo of a Nerf gun. Police got involved because one of the other chat participants narced on the exchange and set the wheels of officialdom in motion. "

Taking property without due process, violating 2A, being forced to undergo a medical examination, and having your life turned upside down because some sniveling pustule called you in. Sounds real constitutional. :s0141:

I hope the one filing the report opens themselves up to civil liability, because the false reporters need to be sued into oblivion.

I hope the one filing the report opens themselves up to civil liability
I agree and this is an excellent example of something that should be acted on by the pro 2A community IE action taken to create let's say a 'Blue Flag' law that allows for legal retaliation against the person(s) who originally made the claim yet turned out to be unfounded or have no basis in fact or reality.
My point being is however the 'Red flag' laws were initiated then a retaliatory law should be created similarly and put into place as well.
As it stand those who make a 'red flag' claim seemingly can do so without the possibility of retribution and this is incredibly unfair.

Last Edited:
I agree and this is an excellent example of something that should be acted on by the pro 2A community IE action taken to create let's say a 'Blue Flag' law that allows for legal retaliation against the person(s) who originally made the claim yet turned out to be unfounded or have no basis in fact or reality.
My point being is however the 'Red flag' laws were initiated then a retaliatory law should be created similarly and put into place as well.
As it stand those who make a 'red flag' claim seemingly can do so without the possibility of retribution and this is incredibly unfair.

Well, there should not be "retaliatory" laws. Even though that's in essence what any "red flag" or ERPO may be.

What should happen, is if the "red flag" or ERPO is unfounded, the claimant should be charged with falsely reporting such. The penalty for doing so should be more severe than the "red flag" / ERPO. And be automatic, mandatory filed by the State, with prejudice.

All we need to do is make threatening people with violence a felony and problem solved with due process.

How are red flag laws able to even exist? They go completely against the 14th Amendment and can, obviously, be abused by someone with an axe to grind or even an over developed sense of "Do the Right Thing".

This poor kid didn't even own a gun, yet got hit by this BS. Sure, he said some stupid stuff on Reddit, but if that is a crime then we might as well repeal the 1st as well as the 14th.

This 'Awesome Dude' Lost His Gun Rights by Saying Stupid Stuff on Reddit

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR