JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Looks like he had a nice military gun collection that's all. They he had Morters but nothing about if they were inert. Neighbors say " he was also kinda off because he kept to himself " well maybe he doesn't like his neighbors! I don't talk to all mine!
Anyway I usually keep my posting very limited but this is the third time today that I have seen very Crazy and disturbing headlines and had to respond to ea.
Stacy

Probably a bunch of inert display mortar rounds and other replica ordnance along side a badass relic collection. Thanks, BTW for laying them on the wet lawn and stacking 'em in the back of your rig.

So what did this guy do/threat did he make or who felt what to trigger if off and why wouldn't due process work?

Last Edited:
More important here is for EVERY forum member here write a letter to the news agency and cops asking & demanding answers.
This 1/2 a$$ biased reporting has to be stopped. Ignorant "neighbors" adding their ignorant a$$ opinions? This type of garbage reporting needs to be called out..These damn red flag laws need to be stopped dead!

You can do a form filled email here to the TV station (on this story)..and givem heck.

Anyone of us could be in the same position: One, just one little whiny POS someone could put anyone of us into this same scenario.
Gma/Gmpa/mom/dad/cousin/ex-wife-husband/girl-boy friend didn't give me a present I wanted ahhnnd the list goes on.

RCW 7.94.030
Petition for order.

Do I need to spell it out anymore then that? Read it! If 7.94.030 doesn't scare the hell out of everyone, I don't know what would!
(14) Recognizing that an extreme risk protection order may need to be issued outside of normal business hours, courts shall allow law enforcement petitioners to petition after-hours for an ex parte extreme risk protection order using an on-call, after-hours judge, as is done for approval of after-hours search warrants.

Dan

It's important that everyone understand that we now have Soviet Snitches.

Look through your house with the eyes of Nancy Pelosi. What innocent items would grab her attention? Keep people you don't trust out of your house. Keep important stuff locked up or put away.

What bothers me is is the reporting does not say anyone was threatened or the owner had any mental issues, or displayed any odd behavior. All it says is the family members were 'concerned' - but nothing about what their 'concerns' were.
Technically this is not even a 'red flag' situation. The report does not mention if anything was illegal and in fact the report said there 'no pending criminal charges at this time'.
So what is/was the justification for for the coordinated removal of all the items?
Either the reporting is very incorrect or there is more to it.

Police: Family worried after finding military weapons in elderly couple's Montgomery County home

Friday, September 6, 2019 11:37AM
LOWER GWYNEDD TWP., Pa. (WPVI) -- Family members helping an elderly couple clean out their home became concerned when they discovered multiple military ordnance items and firearms inside, police said.

The Lower Gwynedd Township Police Department responded Thursday afternoon to the home on the 400 block of Houston Road.

"While most of the items were collectible in nature, extreme precautions were taken in removing the items from the home for safe disposal," police said in a statement.

Police said the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Bomb and Hazardous Device Disposal Unit, FBI, ATF and Department of Defense all responded to the home per proper protocol and procedure.

MORE ON THE LINK.

The owner of the confiscated property made NO THREAT TO ANY PERSON.

He was a Vietnam Vet.

The @!# family members got SCARED (LOL - NOT funny when you think about what they did to the relative!) and called the LE on him because of his guns and other military collection.

The OP's link had comments about this and one person responded with some more info but I did a internet search and found this story. There are other links out there if you search for them.

I thought that this M. County story was in MD but it says that it is in PA.

The nasty family members should be ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES and this VIETNAM VETERAN SHOULD DISOWN THEM IN MY OPINION!

With family members like that - who needs people like that in their life?!

He did nothing wrong and made NO threat to any person.

I really do NOT believe that he had LIVE - unsafe bombs or mortar in his collection and would like to know that for a FACT!

And if he did have those B items in his collection - I could see being concerned and they should be properly REMOVED IN A SAFE MANNER but NONE of his guns, ammo, swords, etc. should have been taken away before or after his MOVE.

QUOTE:

"The family has been cooperative and there are no pending criminal charges at this time," police said.

MORE on the link.

Cate
ADDED more.

Last Edited:
I think that the powers that be who want to PASS these red flag laws need to have themselves be RED flagged because they (Congress, other politicians and the WH occupants/workers.) ACT and speak strangely, seem OFF in their erratic behavior and cause ALL kinds of chaos on a daily basis.

So round up ALL of the goofy Dems and Reps, put them through the drill and don't let them have any firearms or access to any important war like items!

Cate

I think that the powers that be who want to PASS these red flag laws need to have themselves be RED flagged because they (Congress, other politicians and the WH occupants/workers.) ACT and speak strangely, seem OFF in their erratic behavior and cause ALL kinds of chaos on a daily basis.

So round up ALL of the goofy Dems and Reps, put them through the drill and don't let them have any firearms or access to any important war like items!

Cate

Might have seemed off because he did not trust his relatives.I can see why he would keep to himself with wussy neighbor's like that. A couple of those men ? seem to be more feminine than my sister :eek: Lots of guys are military collectors I've seen stuff like this for sale in gun shops and a couple of the exact items in the recent past That are decommissioned and just a conversation piece or a door stop. Look at this generation of wussys that was raised in America .It is a shame . Looks like to fit in now and not be scary we are expected to collect barbie dolls.:s0136: what could this old school vet have in common with anyone shown in the video .I'm disgusted

Last Edited:
This brings up another question - is the term 'red Flag a specific legal term applied when weapons, etc. are confiscated due to mental issues, threats, or concerns over personal safety and there IS such a law in that state?

OR is the term 'Red Flag' generic and is used to describe confiscations for ANY reason - if even as basic as nothing nothing more than 'concerns' by others and nothing else - even if a 'Red Flag' law does NOT exist?

Reason is because unless I missed it nowhere in the report did it say a 'Red Flag' law was used to confiscate the items. Therefore if this IS the case what legal precedent was used to support the confiscation?
NOW if he had anything illegal then that changes the story but it said 'No criminal charges are pending at this time' so I am thinking at this point nothing is illegal.

So is this confiscation entirely arbitrary? If so and no laws were broken by the homeowner then it would appear the LE Dept. (and possibly the family members) conducting this are guilty of a crime.

Last Edited:
Old milsurp wood stock bolt actions and what look to be inert ordnance..
His family members that made the report are sheep his neighbors are limp wrist dorks.

If I lived near there I would have been far more angry that he and I didn't talk about our collections. Looks like he had some cool stuff.

This brings up another question - is the term 'red Flag a specific legal term applied when weapons, etc. are confiscated due to mental issues, threats, or concerns over personal safety and there IS such a law in that state?

OR is the term 'Red Flag' generic and is used to describe confiscations for ANY reason - if even as basic as nothing nothing more than 'concerns' by others and nothing else - even if a 'Red Flag' law does NOT exist?

Reason is because unless I missed it nowhere in the report did it say a 'Red Flag' law was used to confiscate the items. Therefore if this IS the case what legal precedent was used to support the confiscation?
NOW if he had anything illegal then that changes the story but it said 'No criminal charges are pending at this time' so I am thinking at this point nothing is illegal.

So is this confiscation entirely arbitrary? If so and no laws were broken by the homeowner then it would appear the LE Dept. (and possibly the family members) conducting this are guilty of a crime.

Seems that guns and militaria are scary, and can just arbitrarily be confiscated.

Sad times. Surely sad times.

I want to know when and if he (The Vietnam Veteran.) gets ALL of his guns, ammo, swords, etc. back safe and sound with NO HARM done to them.

Cate

This incident (and the many others like it) shows exactly why the left is so ardent on promoting "Red Flag Laws"............ call the cops on someone and all of their guns go bye bye, without due process.

The proof in the law.................

RCW 7.94.040 said:
(2) Upon hearing the matter, if the court finds by a preponderance of the evidence that the respondent poses a significant danger of causing personal injury to self or others by having in his or her custody or control, purchasing, possessing, or receiving a firearm, the court shall issue an extreme risk protection order for a period of one year.

(3) In determining whether grounds for an extreme risk protection order exist, the court may consider any relevant evidence including, but not limited to, any of the following:

(h) The respondent's ownership, access to, or intent to possess firearms;​
(m) Evidence of recent acquisition of firearms by the respondent.​
RCW 7.94.040: Hearings on petition—Grounds for order issuance.

Ray

Surely, there must be more to this...

The family members were close enough to come help clean out their place, but didn't know him and that he was a collector?:rolleyes: Seems pretty suspicious...there may have been more than one kind of 'cleaning out' going on here...

The slope here is grease-covered and about 89 degrees...

Boss

These red flag laws are a great way to silence/control gun owners and drive them into the shadows.

All this pre crime, no due process, guilty until proven innocent stuff is unAmerican and pretty disturbing.

These red flag laws are a great way to silence/control gun owners and drive them into the shadows.

All this pre crime, no due process, guilty until proven innocent stuff is unAmerican and pretty disturbing.

All part of the plan...vilify and smear enough that good, law-abiding folks will be silenced...then they can continue on much easier unopposed.

Boss

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top