JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wednesday’s fatal shooting of an armed man by King County sheriff’s deputies assigned to the Shoreline Police Department is getting lots of coverage, and it did not take long for someone who knew the dead man to insist that he “was trying to turn his life around.”

<broken link removed>

"just turning his life around" is simply the PC way of describing a bottom feeder! I get so sick of this stuff on the news. I truly feel sorry for the officers in these suicide by cop situations. They have to deal with the aftermath of these no win situations.

The Seattle Times article today inferred that this might be a "suicide by cop" situation. At least none of the officers were injured before they did what they were trained to do. I second what iusmc2002 said!

It's the whole obituary phenomenon:

While I was reading the paper (opened to the obituaries), a friend dredged up the old quip: "I'm changing my name to Zimmerman!" I'd forgot the joke, and so bit: "Why?" He replied, "Well, as you can plainly see, right there in the newspaper, all these people died in alphabetical order!" I countered quickly with, "Well, I'm going one better: I'm gonna start being an a**hole! None of these people (according to what is written here about them) is an a**hole!"

Had it been in the Portland paper, it would have included two additional quotes from friends and family.
1. "He wasn't a gang member".
2. "He was a wonderful person and always made me laugh".

Other than that, it's the same story we consistently get from the Portland media outlets.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top