JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So why did Colion Noir NOT mention any of this in the video?

I'll admit I kind of 'skimmed' through it and if I missed this please correct me but I saw most of it and he did NOT mention anything about these people being convicted felons.
I already posted an article that details the criminality involved with this case here in nwfa, days ago.

I already posted an article that details the criminality involved with this case here in nwfa, days ago.
Yea I get this, and already read about the criminality involved but my question was why didn't Colion Noir mention the 'criminality' in his video?

I try to 'respect' most of what he presents but he sometimes leaves out (or sidesteps) important aspects of the material he is talking about.

Non-PC Alert. Never cared for Noir, and still don't. NRA put him and Loesch upfront to cater to a specific audience. His credentials are meh.
His is basically a new shooter, what "credentials" should he have.

Don't mess with Dana. :s0116:

Hands Off My Gun: Defeating the Plot to Disarm America: Loesch, Dana:  9781455584338: Amazon.com: Books

Yea I get this, and already read about the criminality involved but my question was why didn't Colion Noir mention the 'criminality' in his video?

I try to 'respect' most of what he presents but he sometimes leaves out (or sidesteps) important aspects of the material he is talking about.

If you know he sometimes leaves things out or sidesteps important aspects, I would take what he says with skeptisism and get the story from several sources and draw your own opinion on the matter.

His is basically a new shooter, what "credentials" should he have.
He should have more credentials than what being a 'new shooter' has afforded him.

How in the heck has he become a 'celebrity' in the gun world, as a 'new shooter', with limited experience and admitting he was once 'anti gun' ?

Sorry but fast talk, being a lawyer, a wall full of 'black' guns behind him and a ballcap doesn't quite resonate with my idea of that as an 'experienced' gun owner.

He should have more credentials than what being a 'new shooter' has afforded him.

How in the heck has he become a 'celebrity' in the gun world, as a 'new shooter', with limited experience and admitting he was once 'anti gun' ?

Sorry but fast talk, being a lawyer, a wall full of 'black' guns behind him and a ballcap doesn't quite resonate with my idea of that as an 'experienced' gun owner.
Everyone gets into the hobby knowing nothing, it takes years to become truly knowledgeable. Even then its rarely more than just knowledgeable about a certain subject (whatever that person personally enjoys).

Just like the modern, black plastic, banana magazine, gun owning guy may be able to tell you about them in depth, but probably couldn't tell you anything about the Colt SAA

Hes hot my cup of Tea, but he is on our side. So what if he saw the light and realized being an anti-gunner was dumb, that's means hes bright enough to learn.

Why, says who?

Because he is openly showing his transformation and growth and he was doing it WAY before the NRA asked him to be a spokeman for them.

Why bother with watching this or posting in their thread if you care so little for someone out there advocating for the second amendment? I could care less your opinion of him I think he has brought a lot of new shooters which means more pro second amendment people.

Colion Noir is to borrow a phrase , "not my cup of tea" either...but then for some subjects neither is Elmer Keith*...:eek:

With that said...
We all have our likes , dislikes and such...which is good thing as it keeps things interesting.

At the end of the day he , just like anyone else , is someone who has their thoughts on a subject.

It may be in agreement with yours...or not...It also might be wise to take in what folks have to say...apply it to what you know and or have experienced and decide for yourself on matters.
Andy

* Yeah I know Blasphemy and all...I'm going to a Special Hell...:D

Last Edited:

Listening and learning from people that don't sound dress or look like us is really healthy... try it some time.

Colion Noir is to borrow a phrase , "not my cup of tea" either...but then for some subjects neither is Elmer Keith*...:eek:

With that said...
We all have our likes , dislikes and such...which is good thing as it keeps things interesting.

At the end of the day he , just like anyone else , is someone who has their thoughts on a subject.

It may be in agreement with yours...or not...It also might be wise to take in what folks have to say...apply it to what you know and or have experienced and decide for yourself on matters.
Andy

* Yeah I know Blasphemy and all...I'm going to a Special Hell...:D

Elmer Who? :s0030:

:s0111:

He been gone almost 40 years, I bet most guns owners under 50 don't even know who he is or what his contribution to the gun world was.

Non-PC Alert. Never cared for Noir, and still don't. NRA put him and Loesch upfront to cater to a specific audience. His credentials are meh.
non PC alert ? Then you go superPC- A "specific audience" ? you mean BLACK gun owners, BLACK Shooters, BLACK 2A supporters ?

And you think the NRA shouldn't be reaching out beyond it's traditional whitey white, male base ?. What credentials do you need to have a supportive opinion on guns and gun ownership ?

That aside I wonder if this was a knee jerk reaction video before the facts were all known. Indications are whilst they were in the literal sense "gun owners", they probably shouldn't be.

View of the baseball stadium, from the hotel. You can see just the tip of the Maven Hotel in the picture below taken from Google Earth. It's roof is where the long/lat coordinated are listed. The elevation is at least 50' above the highest window or balcony. It's as closr as I could come without GE rushing the view to ground level.

Notice that there appears to be no place from this hotel where seating at the stadium is visible. Also note that the building directly in front ()one story shorter) would mostly block any view of the stadium from that side of the building. Under the theory that they were planning a "las Vegas Style Massacre" the only real shooting lane would be from the left hans side of the building and would be limited to the width of the street, so a couple hundred feet at best.

Looking at this I can't buy they were planning a massacre from the hotel room, even though the press is still playing it up pretty heavily. Sounds like they were bad people up to no good, but don't buy the massacre angle. I'd be more inclined, since they found a lot of drugs, that they were there to sell than anything I have heard so far.

1626142164300.png

View of the baseball stadium, from the hotel. You can see just the tip of the Maven Hotel in the picture below taken from Google Earth. It's roof is where the long/lat coordinated are listed. The elevation is at least 50' above the highest window or balcony. It's as closr as I could come without GE rushing the view to ground level.

Notice that there appears to be no place from this hotel where seating at the stadium is visible. Also note that the building directly in front ()one story shorter) would mostly block any view of the stadium from that side of the building. Under the theory that they were planning a "las Vegas Style Massacre" the only real shooting lane would be from the left hans side of the building and would be limited to the width of the street, so a couple hundred feet at best.

Looking at this I can't buy they were planning a massacre from the hotel room, even though the press is still playing it up pretty heavily. Sounds like they were bad people up to no good, but don't buy the massacre angle. I'd be more inclined, since they found a lot of drugs, that they were there to sell than anything I have heard so far.

View attachment 990898
It coulda happened...

Nd9GcQrhXHWRwTd7eYvaHf3L_BvvXwksuUf0psxgw&usqp=CAU.jpg

After actually watching the vid, I don't think he was intending the subject to be on the reason they were arrested but I think he meant the subject to discuss traveling with guns responsibly while respecting the fact that not everyone wants to see them.
I do think he could have picked a better background story... but that said, the 2A needs more Colin Noir, hes well spoken and represents the gun community well. If hes not your cuppa tea great, but I cant agree with any criticism.

Elmer Who? :s0030:

:s0111:

He been gone almost 40 years, I bet most guns owners under 50 don't even know who he is or what his contribution to the gun world was.
Tough to put a "emoji" to this one...I laughed...but also think that it is kinda sad that many may not know of his many contributions to the gun world.
And while I don't always agree...i do think that his writings are well worth reading.
Andy

I watched again-
After actually watching the vid, I don't think he was intending the subject to be on the reason they were arrested but I think he meant the subject to discuss traveling with guns responsibly while respecting the fact that not everyone wants to see them.
I do think he could have picked a better background story... but that said, the 2A needs more Colin Noir, hes well spoken and represents the gun community well. If hes not your cuppa tea great, but I cant agree with any criticism.
and i think you're right-
The gist is you should be able to legally travel with your guns/ammo without fear of getting arrested- I would hope that most of us wouldn't leave our firearms where they could be casually seen/ accessed by the hotel staff, even the nosier ones...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews