JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I seem to recall the solution in the past:
1708044195102.png

Story here, in case anyone is curious. Cheers.

Ron Wyden waded in on this as well. Although I dislike the guy I do like his perspective...

rw.JPG

I say nuke the carcass and perhaps stand back a bit further than they did in '70.

This guy is a bit too happy about almost being swallowed by a fin whale....great camera shot though.
View: https://youtu.be/VOatDjkGbUs?t=73

Fin whales are fast swimmers and are often found in social groups of two to seven individuals. In the North Atlantic, they are often seen feeding in large groups that include humpback whales, minke whales, and Atlantic white-sided dolphins.

During the summer, fin whales feed on krill, small schooling fish (including herring, capelin, and sand lance), and squid by lunging into schools of prey with their mouth open, using their 50 to 100 accordion-like throat pleats to gulp large amounts of food and water. They then filter the food particles from the water, using the 260 to 480 baleen plates (long, flat plates made of fingernail-like material called keratin) that they have in place of teeth on each side of the mouth. Fin whales fast in the winter while they migrate to warmer waters.

Like other baleen whales, fin whales also skim the water, taking in huge volumes of water. When they close their mouths, the water is pushed out through the baleen and the prey is caught on the inside of the baleen. A fin whale eats up to 2 tons of food daily.

Amazing creatures… 🐳
...might even say that they are...
200.gif

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany