JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just curious about comments and opinions about the Anderson AM platform. I currently have a original M&P 15 how does the Anderson compare good bad or indifferent as far as a reliable SHTF rifle. Any other brand opinions would be appreciate. BCM has crossed my mind as well but right now just a bit outside my budget. Thank you!

Just curious about comments and opinions about the Anderson AM platform. I currently have a original M&P 15 how does the Anderson compare good bad or indifferent as far as a reliable SHTF rifle. Any other brand opinions would be appreciate. BCM has crossed my mind as well but right now just a bit outside my budget. Thank you!
As a cheap dastard my opinion is biased in favor of Anderson level rifles. Think about your use case. Do you plan on taking it into battle? Are you only going to need it to dump a mag or two into some home invaders? Whatever rifle you buy, how are you going to test it? What level of testing will make you confident that the rifle will be GTG for your use case?

Last Edited:
I have one fancy build and a number of PSA rifles and pistols. They are all based on Anderson stripped lowers and have all been flawless in function. I had one, because I used a Maxim Defense CQB brace, that I had to mess around with buffers in for a while because of the shorter tube, but once that was squared away, not a hiccup with the lot. I haven't tried a whole Anderson rifle and it's not hard to make a halfway decent lower receiver, so maybe my experience is biased.

For what it's worth, I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone that didn't think of BCM as a quality rifle. If you're only going to have one or two (right...), I'd save up and buy a BCM or similar.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top