JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Turned out pretty good. Rust bluing. Boy. Theres 3 hours I'll never get back. 7 3/4" long silencer with quiet bore K baffles. 1946 Vintage Hi Standard HD Military. I have a couple more to do but I might take a wee break from silencer building and do them over the winter. LzL7ue.jpg

"Three hours you'll never get back?"
Please explain. Looks beautiful, to the untutored eye, seems like a well spent three hours.

Chemical aided Rust bluing is a very hands on labor intensive fast process. Go go go for 3 hours in the 95 degree 90% humidity South Carolina heat after 10 hours at work. It turns out good but rust never sleeps. Its is a very strong black oxide finish.

Chemical aided Rust bluing is a very hands on labor intensive fast process. Go go go for 3 hours in the 95 degree 90% humidity South Carolina heat after 10 hours at work. It turns out good but rust never sleeps. Its is a very strong black oxide finish.
Yea, I've wanted to do that to a thrashed win 1894 that I have. After seeing your suppressor, I want to do it more. What chemical did you use? Were you boiling or just using steam heat?

You polish and degrease whatever you are bluing and heat it up with a torch to 200-250. Then dunk it in rust bluing solution or swap it on. . I use Mark Lee express solution. Heat again, dunk or swap, heat again , dunk or swab. Then put it in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes. Pull out and polish with a fine wire rotating brush. Very fine wire. . Then repeat 5 times the same process. . Last time pull it out of the water , dry and polish ( its really called carding ) one last time and neutralize in a solution of baking soda. Wash thoroughly and oil. It just takes a lot of time and hand labor but its a strong black treatment..

You polish and degrease whatever you are bluing and heat it up with a torch to 200-250. Then dunk it in rust bluing solution or swap it on. . I use Mark Lee express solution. Heat again, dunk or swap, heat again , dunk or swab. Then put it in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes. Pull out and polish with a fine wire rotating brush. Very fine wire. . Then repeat 5 times the same process. . Last time pull it out of the water , dry and polish ( its really called carding ) one last time and neutralize in a solution of baking soda. Wash thoroughly and oil. It just takes a lot of time and hand labor but its a strong black treatment..

Jesus man!!! Looks AWESOME though dude!