JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Turned out pretty good. I love it when a plan comes together

IMG-1059.jpg

Very cool! My dad has/had one over at @Velzey to get reblued and it should be a great heirloom once he is finished. Great pistols. This one I bet is a bit more enjoyable to the ear to shoot!

Question is, how many magazines you got for it?
There was a time when I had 10 NOS mags. Still in the wrap I bought for 60 bucks a piece. . That was 12 years ago and unfortunately, I sold them all. The good thing is I have 5 Hi Standards and 7 mags now. A's , USA H-D's and HD Military all take the same mag. E's do too but Im not allowed to own one of them.

There was a time when I had 10 NOS mags. Still in the wrap I bought for 60 bucks a piece. . That was 12 years ago and unfortunately, I sold them all. The good thing is I have 5 Hi Standards and 7 mags now. A's , USA H-D's and HD Military all take the same mag. E's do too but Im not allowed to own one of them.
5! One will stay original right?

( Maybe not so ) interestingly enough Luther Mitchell , who was the Horder Extraordinaire of Hi Standard stuff recently passed away and his widow is flooding gunbroker with Hi Standard parts and guns right now. Im in the process of sifting though his stuff .

I also fully expect my wife to dump everything I own the day after I die onto the front lawn for a garage sale the likes of which will be legend at the ATF for decades. .

Last Edited:
( Maybe not so ) interestingly enough Luther Mitchell , who was the Horder Extraordinaire of Hi Standard stuff recently passed away and his widow is flooding gunbroker with Hi Standard parts and guns right now. Im in the process of sifting though his stuff .

I also fully expect my wife to dump everything I own the day after I die onto the front lawn for a garage sale the likes of which will be legend at the ATF for decades. .
Luther's stuff has been for sale for quite a long time. He has/had a guy (Justin) who worked full time for him just selling his guns of all makes. He is the guy who admin's the HighStandardCollector on GB. A good bit of it is pretty much worthless except to a guy like you and that will still be fairly limited. TruAimTactical is also selling Luther's stuff. It will be interesting to see if the prices come back to reality now that he has passed. I'm good friends with the guy who found a lot of the High Standards for him and Luther overpaid for a lot of them. At one point he had 800+ HS guns.

All total, both types in both barrel lengths for the model E is about 2600 production!
I have about 300 original mags of the various types. I don't sell original mags any longer, they are too hard to replace, especially the slant grip .22 short mags. When I built my Olympic display I put a spare mag with each gun and that put a real dent in the .22 short mag dept.

Luther's stuff has been for sale for quite a long time. He has/had a guy (Justin) who worked full time for him just selling his guns of all makes. He is the guy who admin's the HighStandardCollector on GB. A good bit of it is pretty much worthless except to a guy like you and that will still be fairly limited. TruAimTactical is also selling Luther's stuff. It will be interesting to see if the prices come back to reality now that he has passed. I'm good friends with the guy who found a lot of the High Standards for him and Luther overpaid for a lot of them. At one point he had 800+ HS guns.

All total, both types in both barrel lengths for the model E is about 2600 production!
I have about 300 original mags of the various types. I don't sell original mags any longer, they are too hard to replace, especially the slant grip .22 short mags. When I built my Olympic display I put a spare mag with each gun and that put a real dent in the .22 short mag dept.
He had some sears and bolt catches that will come in handy. The safeties are sometimes problematic and I picked up a few

He had some sears and bolt catches that will come in handy. The safeties are sometimes problematic and I picked up a few

Oddly the safety's are more often than not a problem to find. You would think with as many of the HDM's as they built there would be a flood of parts out there. Guys' take them apart and lose the detent ball. If you don't have one to reference then they can be difficult to get. I have quite a nice parts collection so if you ever get in a real bind don't be afraid to ask!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top