JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buddymack, we did not take them hostage. They are illegal combatants and are not protected by the Geneva Convention. If wasn't for the fact we can gain information from them I would say that there should be no prisoners taken.

Bruce.

You know whats more annoying (And predictable) than your posts thus far???

Your insistence on having to append your name (ALSO your screen name) to every post. We know. We know.

/ rant....

I LIKE TURTLES

You know whats more annoying (And predictable) than your posts thus far???

Your insistence on having to append your name (ALSO your screen name) to every post. We know. We know.

/ rant....

I LIKE TURTLES

The way the Geneva Convention use to read, ALL countries who signed on, their troops were protected by the convention BUT countries who didn't sign on were not obliged to comply and signer of the convention were not forced to comply either. This may have been changed by the politicians through the years but . . .

Here is an update for one of the stories I posted earlier.

Officer.com Home > Internal Affairs News

Fifth Officer Charged in Katrina Cover-Up

Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010
Updated: May 21st, 2010 04:15 PM GMT-05:00

By MARY FOSTER
Associated Press Writer

NEW ORLEANS --

Another former police officer has been charged with helping cover up the deadly shootings of unarmed residents on a New Orleans bridge in the days after Hurricane Katrina, prosecutors said Friday.

U.S. Attorney Jim Lepton announced on Friday that 33-year-old Ignatius Hills was charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice and misprision of felony.

Police officers shot and killed two people and wounded four others on the Danziger Bridge less than a week after the August 2005 storm. Hills is the fifth former New Orleans police officers charged with helping cover up the shootings. The other officers and one civilian pleaded guilty after working out plea bargains.

The charge against Hills was contained in a bill of information, which typically signals a plea deal. A spokeswoman for U.S. Attorney Jim Letten refused comment.

Hills resigned from the police department Thursday.

Officials said that on Sept. 4, 2005, Hills went with seven other officers to the bridge after reports of shots being fired in the area.

Lance Madison, a 40-year-old mentally disabled man, and James Brissette, 17, were shot and killed by police on the bridge. Madison's older brother, Ronald, was arrested on eight counts of attempted murder of a police officer. Those charges were later dropped.

Federal officials say that Hills and others not only shot at unarmed people, but tried to cover it up so the shootings would appear legally justified.

According to the charges against Hills, he wrote a police report accusing Lance Madison of eight counts of attempted murder, although "he had no first hand knowledge of any wrongdoing by Madison."

Another officer dictated the report that Hills wrote, federal officials said in the charges. The court filing said Hills signed the report "even though he believed that Madison was being framed."

Hills also is accused of joining other officers when they developed false stories about the incident, including what prosecutors have termed a "secret meeting" in January 2006. Hills, who testified before a state grand jury in October 2006, lied during that session, prosecutors said.

Hills' attorney, Robert Jenkins did not return several phone calls. The charges against Hills carry a maximum eight-year prison sentence.

I decided to check into whatever happened to the Danziger Bridge shootings and found some SUPER information. 5 YEARS and it still isnt finished? :(

For New Orleans cops, the scandals linger - USATODAY.com

"....While trying to flee, Ronald Madison, who was severely mentally disabled, was shot in the back, court papers say. As he lay critically wounded, the documents state, another officer "kicked and stomped" him. He later died.

Lance Madison was arrested and accused of attempting to murder police. He was held for three weeks before a judge ordered his release.

In the months and years after the shootings, the documents allege, the officers sought to conceal their actions by concocting false reports, referring to fictitious witnesses and planting a gun in an attempt to show the shootings were justified.

Five months after the shootings, amid reviews into the incident, prosecutors say some of the officers gathered for a secret meeting in an "abandoned and gutted" police precinct building on the city's east side. During the Jan. 26, 2006, meeting, two sergeants instructed officers to "make sure they had their stories straight" before they gave recorded statements about the incident, the documents allege.

Frank DeSalvo, the chief attorney for the New Orleans police association, questions the federal government's case, suggesting prosecutors assembled information to support their "own opinion of what happened."

All six officers indicted last month have pleaded not guilty, DeSalvo says. "We're going to trial," the attorney says. "We're optimistic about winning."

Civil rights advocates say the allegations reflect a decades-old pattern of corruption and abuse by the department.

Attorney Mary Howell, who represents the Madison family and other recent victims of alleged police abuse in New Orleans, says the charges are reminiscent of 1994 and a case involving then-officer Len Davis. ..."

I hope everything will be over soon so we can see if justice is served. Will it be?

I pray for the Good LEOs out there to do whats right, especially when other LEOs are doing the wrong thing!

The "sin" of many otherwise good police is that they stand up for the thugs and bullies in their midst. They don't personally bully or intimidate lawful people but take it as a slash at them when the bullies are called out for what they are.

That may carry over into other professions but in mine I do not try to justify incompetents or thieves. I figure a machinist who cuts a thread diameter .015" undersized makes all machinists look bad. The guy who charges too much for a simple job makes people think all machine shop owners are crooked

So why do cops stick up for rotten people in their ranks like that bunch in Medford?

In my case, I recently won a lawsuit where a former officer sued me for my statements in an incident report that described an assault that he committed toward another officer. His suit stated that my statements were so damning that he can't get another job in law enforcement.

My only thought was, "Damn, must have been a good incident report."

Many of us don't sit around and watch guys do crooked things. We have to build documentation that can beat the union representation. If you want to see a problem, look at the Union for protecting these guys after we say something about it. Then, the Union bargains for all investigative material to be disclosed regardless of its validity and if nothing happens, you're a snitch in a profession that hates snitches.

If you're going to turn in another officer, you have to really have it together and be prepared for the flames.

Dan360, that's wrong. I personally hate unions anyway but there are professions that shouldn't allow them, like police.

As a business owner if an employee drops a dime by calling OSHA and causing a world of grief, no matter whether the complaint is legit or not, I'm forbidden to retaliate even if I know who did it. OSHA won't tell me who did it though.

This actually happened to me, an employee got angry because I decided he had to work Saturday (He liked to go fishing) he called OSHA with made up complaints, I get bureaucrats with clipboards threatening me (Don't think you can get by an inspection without getting written up! No one does.) and I can't fire the selfish idiot who brought it down on my head. At least he didn't have a union to bully me.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top