JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How are y'all storing your ammo? .50 cans? If so. how do you do it, just toss all your 9mm in a can, 45 in another or do you put your 115gr in 1 can and your 124gr in another, ect, ect? Mine are all still in the little boxes they came in and I am wondering if .50 cans would be better and how many will I end up needing.

Same cal. same can unless you have enough to split it into two then split by quality. You can end up with way to many if you go by much more. I separate in the cans if they contain more than one type/brand.

Here is my store bought ammo, The reloads and shotgun are in separate cans.

003.jpg

All that needs is a piece of carpet thrown on top.

An ottoman is a piece of furniture consisting of a padded, upholstered seat or bench, usually having neither a back nor arms, often used as a stool or footstool,[1][2] or, in some cases, as a coffee table.[3] Ottomans are often sold as coordinating furniture with armchairs or gliders.[4]

An ottoman can also be known as a footstool,[5] tuffet,[6] hassock,[7] or pouffe.[8][9] Many ottomans are hollow and used for storage.[10]

Ottomans can be used in other rooms besides the living room; different designs can be used in the bedroom, gaming room, family room and guest room.[11] Leather and bench ottomans are also used as alternatives to sofas.[12]

Last Edited:
I really don't like the .30 and .50 cal cans, they just aren't big enough and are expensive for the size, I much prefer the 20MM cans and they are usually cheaper to boot.

No they go in the safe to the left of the couch, took the pic when doing a reorganizing. I have a very nice Koa coffee table I made about 30 yrs ago.

All that needs is a piece of carpet thrown on top.

An ottoman is a piece of furniture consisting of a padded, upholstered seat or bench, usually having neither a back nor arms, often used as a stool or footstool,[1][2] or, in some cases, as a coffee table.[3] Ottomans are often sold as coordinating furniture with armchairs or gliders.[4]

An ottoman can also be known as a footstool,[5] tuffet,[6] hassock,[7] or pouffe.[8][9] Many ottomans are hollow and used for storage.[10]

Ottomans can be used in other rooms besides the living room; different designs can be used in the bedroom, gaming room, family room and guest room.[11] Leather and bench ottomans are also used as alternatives to sofas.[12]

I really don't like the .30 and .50 cal cans, they just aren't big enough and are expensive for the size, I much prefer the 20MM cans and they are usually cheaper to boot.

My back cant handle those full but they are handy for belted stuff.

I have a bunch of different cans... FYI the .30 cal cans are essentially end of lifed at this point.

The PA108 "fat fifty" is what I store AR mags in, you can fit 30 in each. The M2A1 ".50" ammo can is great for most ammo, but gets quite heavy when it's full of .45ACP ball. One of the ones I prefer for longer term storage are the 40mm Mk19 ammo cans, they're kinda low and squat which makes them easier to dig around in, and will hold about 2500 rounds of .223 in bandoliers, and about 3000 rounds loose. I usually lot all my ammo (especially stuff I reloaded) so I know what it is, when it was made, and if there are any problems later, I can pull the whole lot.

As others have said I have several different cans. This is all that I can think of off the top of my head as I am not home at the moment.

.30 will hold roughly;
400 7.62x30 on stripper
3000 rds Remington 50rd boxes .22
7-8 M14 or FAL mags
2-7 pocket AR bandoleers for a total of 14 20rd mags
Mostly loser or smaller quantities of stuff

.50 will hold roughly;
2 SKS bandollers
1000rds boxed .45
1000rds boxed .40
720rds .223 packed on strippers in bandoliers
800rds boxed 7.62x39

Fat .50 will hold roughly;
14 boxes Federal 550 bulk pack .22 (7700rds)

20mm will hold roughly;
950rds 12ga

I also have MTM dry boxes which are good for holding misc stuff also.

Personally I have a mixture of different cans, I have about 4 metal 30 Cal cans and 2 or 3 of the .50 cal metal cans, however as of late I've been picking up the plastic .50 Cal MTM cans, I have about 15 or 16 of those packed full of ammo, I also have 7 or 8 of the big plastic ammo cans you can get at Cabelas. I'm storing all of my ammo for the long term, so I put 2 huge silica packs in each can to thwart the moisture and it's worked pretty well thus far. I also have several crates of spam cans loaded with 7.62x39, 7.62x54, 8mm etc etc. which I'm not planning on using anytime soon.

Why would you take the 100 rounds you have and put it into a big ammo can?
I put all my ammo,in the boxes,into 1 ammo can
Why would I need more than 50 rounds of any one caliber,anyway?

:beer:

Why would you take the 100 rounds you have and put it into a big ammo can?
I put all my ammo,in the boxes,into 1 ammo can
Why would I need more than 50 rounds of any one caliber,anyway?

:beer:
That's right! In the event that you find that you have to many I would consider it a great honor to step up and give it a home for you! No charge, just my warm sense of fellow feeling helping a fellow member out!

Last Edited:
.50 Caliber cans. Most of my ammo is still in the boxes it came in. I try to keep similar ammo in the same box - pistol calibers, rifle calibers, shotgun shells, etc. I could get more in there if I kept it loose, but most of my ammo is a mish-mash of types (even within caliber) so I keep it in the boxes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top