JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The amount of ammo slowly trickling back at higher prices to keep me from maintaining my comfortable stock bothers me when not long ago this was easy to do.

The new owners getting in are fine but like seriously with having a job/life I cannot commit to 24/7 monitoring shelves/online supplies to justify upkeep. Return my service base to reasonable equilibrium please like our economy is supposed to be normally.

Kthxbai!

Ammo manufacturers and retailers know that, like most any commodity that is consumable, there are cycles. For a few years ammo was relatively inexpensive and they weren't making as much profit as they would have liked. Now they have the chance to make more profit as demand is high and supply is low, so they raise the price - also, higher prices allows them to keep demand manageable so they don't have to expand production beyond what they can manage; if they lowered prices, demand would be even higher and they simply could not meet it - as it is they can't keep up.

The amount of ammo slowly trickling back at higher prices to keep me from maintaining my comfortable stock bothers me when not long ago this was easy to do.

The new owners getting in are fine but like seriously with having a job/life I cannot commit to 24/7 monitoring shelves/online supplies to justify upkeep. Return my service base to reasonable equilibrium please like our economy is supposed to be normally.

Kthxbai!
Unfortunately that's just how it is now. I don't have the time either, but made certain to buy ammo every payday until very recently when the calibers I shoot became difficult to find. Made it so I have a comfortable cushion to shoot or sell as I see fit, without going below my stock par. If I am buying now, it's just to replace what I shot, if I can find it.

That's where I am too but I'd like to avoid the rate hikes over diminished returns if I could on my own..
It also sounds like we need more jobs to ramp up production at places now which is good incentive and helps more long run.

Forecast when you think it's be almost like it was before pre-covid/riots/election? I'm thinking about year to year and a half post elections. In lieu of ammo burning I've kept it to using my carry loads and bird shot since I can usually find those for reasonable rates vs bulk.

Not to mention the fact that if ammo manufacturing does crank up production, the price will remain high until demand decreases, because they're going to have to hire more hands, pay for machinery maintenance, pay more for materials that are in high demand, etc. it just doesn't look like we'll see a reduced price or increased availability anytime soon.

I have so much ammo I can swim thru it like scrooge mcduck in his money vault.

You guys do this too.......right?
About every other day, it seems... :D

Ok it's more like a slip an slide than a pool but nah im only joking.
I wasn't...
I wasnt.jpg

That's where I am too but I'd like to avoid the rate hikes over diminished returns if I could on my own..
It also sounds like we need more jobs to ramp up production at places now which is good incentive and helps more long run.

Forecast when you think it's be almost like it was before pre-covid/riots/election? I'm thinking about year to year and a half post elections. In lieu of ammo burning I've kept it to using my carry loads and bird shot since I can usually find those for reasonable rates vs bulk.
I just have to say that I don't think it will be soon. As stated in another post, they'll have to do more hiring, maintenance, etc. and then at that point, until demand drops or a surplus is created, prices will remain static.

It's hard to imagine a time where ammo will be precious like OP described it being in The Woodsmen show. I could see a nomad type having problems in a true SHTF scenario but if you end up in a Road Warrior type situation you will probably have worse problems than ammo shortage.

If you are really worried about it, put aside some well stored defensive ammo that you won't touch unless SHTF happens. My guess is you won't ever have to open it. It's more likely that ammo will be regulated in such a way that it will be harder to acquire and more expensive but not to the point where you will be rationing your last few rounds.

Edit: My opinion is likely biased since I am sitting on thousands of rounds of ammo. If you saved up for years to buy a Hi-Point 9mm pistol and could only afford one box of ammo then I would consider ammo precious.

Last Edited:
^^^

That is why a person should always, always keep a bare minimum level of ammunition for his/her Primary Firearm (Or their top 1, 2 or 3 firearms.) and when he reaches that POINT (Low level.) - save it - set it aside.

Meanwhile, if you are a 'senior citizen' or any other gun person and you choose to keep on shooting with what you already own PLUS have enough to reload IF you choose to reload... you can keep on enjoying your sport during the crazy times.

Never, ever go below your safety net - low level if you can't replace what you shot up, buy anywhere and/or reload IF you choose to reload or not.

Take care.

Cate

Keep enough defensive ammo to turn back the ravening hoards of left leaning zombies when the SHTF.

I don't fool myself into believing that I need tons of defensive ammo to hold off highly trained armed and armored government agents come to confiscate my guns (or could), but I will be found in the middle of a lot of empty brass. If anyone needs empty brass, just come to my house after the event.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top