JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting. My other half was just telling me about the tests that SAAMI ran with fire fighters for this exact situation. They found that ammunition exploding due to a fire would scarcely pierce drywall.

Interesting. My other half was just telling me about the tests that SAAMI ran with fire fighters for this exact situation. They found that ammunition exploding due to a fire would scarcely pierce drywall.

Yeah, a 2000 foot parameter is way overkill.

I saw an episode of Myth Buster's where they put ammo in an oven and cranked up the heat. Barely put dents in the side if I remember correctly.

Still wouldn't wanna be near the powder kegs during a fire though. :eek:

There is a big difference between smokeless and Black powder. Many home insurance policies limit the amount of Black powder you can keep in your residence. I overflew an explosion site at the Hercules powder (they made all sorts of stuff...not sure what this plant was manufacturing) factory in Utah 35 years ago. A huge crater and everything was vaporized. I don't think they ever found the remains of the few victims working in the remote plant. I also used to haul rocket fuel components in and out of the Henderson Nevada plant (with my truck company) that went up. It was always a spooky place. Don't remember how may were killed but blew the ceilings out in the hospital 6 miles away. We hauled artillery projectiles from Ft Huachuca AZ to Dugway UT a lot.......the scale houses were glad to wave us through even though they were quite benign.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top