JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Surplus ammo cans are infinitely useful, but they are even better when they are not your typical everyday can.

Found this one yesterday........1974 7.62 mini gun can.

20191209_185923.jpg

20191209_185904.jpg

I use them all over. Mostly the ones from Harbor Freight and the ones Costco had on sale a while back.

I still want to make a stove out of one.

IMG_0026_1024x1024@2x.jpg

You should fill it up with lead and then watch people try to pick it up.

Lol......its internal capacity is 1 cubic foot. Filled with solid lead it would weigh 709 lbs.

If I'm reading this correctly, it would weigh 120 lbs with it's 1500 round payload.

20191209_191858.jpg

-E-

Its also interesting to read the recipe.

1 round M62 tracer followed by 9 rounds M80 ball with M13 disintegrating metallic links.

Not sure what the crosshair and four leaf clover represent.

20191209_192552.jpg

I've got a couple laying about; used to use them for 'ready stash' but over the decades the gravity in our area has become ever stiffer:eek: such that 'stand by reserves' of lighter contents was necessary.

The crosshairs is the NATO cross.

If I remember right, the clover was to do with NATO magazines or something like that.

I used one of those as a center console in an old beater S-10 I had for a while a few years back.

I now have a .50 cal (maybe a fat .50?) I modified into a lockable security box behind the seat in my current truck. I use it to stash binos, knives, ammo, etc., that I don't want walking away.

I have a few others. Funny how rarely they actually have ammo in them.

The crosshairs is the NATO cross.

If I remember right, the clover was to do with NATO magazines or something like that.

Found the answer this morning....

"The circle/cross denotes that the ammo will function in all 7.62mm rifles and machine guns fielded by NATO armies, but may or may not provide the expected ballistic performance."

"The second clover leaf mark denotes that it will not only function in all arms, but will provide the ballistic performance prescribed in the STANAG (a 147 grain bullet with a muzzle velocity of 2,750 feet per second)."

-E-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads