JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Monday, Miami NBC affiliate WTVJ reported on Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz's (D-FL) news conference announcing the Ammunition Background Check Act of 2018, which was legislation requiring background checks to purchase ammunition.

Surrounded by students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Wasserman Schultz said, "Unlike firearm purchases, someone who wants to go into a store that sells ammunition can buy as much ammunition as they want without so much as being asked their first name."

She added, "This is just such a gaping and grave and dangerous loophole that I could not wrap my mind around it when I was told that that was the case."

How about Background Checks for House/Senate IT personnel...??? Debbie...

May be if she pulled her head out she could get her mind wrapped around the truth.

FEDERAL AMMUNITION LAW

Miscellaneous Restrictions

Federal law prohibits ammunition sale or transfer to, and possession by, anyone who:

1. is under indictment for a crime punishable by more than one year imprisonment or convicted of a felony,

2. is a fugitive from justice,

3. is an unlawful user of a controlled substance,

4. is addicted to a controlled substance,

5. has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution,

6. is an illegal alien,

7. has been dishonorably discharged from the military, and

8. has renounced his or her U.S. citizenship (18 USC § 922(d) and (g)).

Subjects of Domestic Violence Restraining Orders

Federal law also prohibits anyone from transporting, receiving, or possessing ammunition if he is the subject of a domestic violence order restraining him from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or the partner's child. The subject of the order is barred from purchasing firearms or ammunition if a judge (or other hearing officer) determines that the subject poses "a credible threat to the physical safety of the intimate partner or child" (18 USC § 922(d)(8)B)). Before making this determination, the court or officer must give the person a hearing opportunity.

The law also prohibits anyone convicted of a misdemeanor domestic violence crime from purchasing or possessing ammunition (18 USC § 922(d) and (g)).

Minimum Age Restrictions

Federal law regulates the sale of ammunition to young people. It bars licensed manufacturers or dealers from selling long gun ammunition to anyone who they believe is under age 18. Also they may not sell handgun ammunition to anyone they reasonably believe is under age 21 (18 USC § 922(b)(1)).

Monday, Miami NBC affiliate WTVJ reported on Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz's (D-FL) news conference announcing the Ammunition Background Check Act of 2018, which was legislation requiring background checks to purchase ammunition.

Surrounded by students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Wasserman Schultz said, "Unlike firearm purchases, someone who wants to go into a store that sells ammunition can buy as much ammunition as they want without so much as being asked their first name."

She added, "This is just such a gaping and grave and dangerous loophole that I could not wrap my mind around it when I was told that that was the case."

How about Background Checks for House/Senate IT personnel...??? Debbie...

Just tell her it's racist since it would force minorities to have ID and Democrats are now racists again. That should be good for a few laughs watching them try to explain that away. I know it will never happen but it would be funny.

How about we enact the "Knock off the crazy talk act of 2018". I propose we require members of government and media be required to submit to a psychological, ethical, and emotional background check before they are allowed to exercise their first amendment rights to free speech!

I would also like to propose word limits and regulation to hold accountable those who spread lies and disinformation for their own gain.

How much do you think the background checks and the first amendment permit should cost the government and media types?

Really I feel this is common sense and is in the interest of all true Americans!

From www.townhall.com:

According to Wasserman-Schultz's office, the legislation would "close a loophole" that allows "criminals, domestic abusers, and dangerously mentally ill individuals" from purchasing ammo.

Why would they need to purchase ammo when they are already prohibited from owning firearms...

Oh, that's right, this is aimed at law abiding citizens to further infringe on their civil rights...

2018 is the year they get the confrontation they've been angling for, that's what I believe...

How about we enact the "Knock off the crazy talk act of 2018". I propose we require members of government and media be required to submit to a psychological, ethical, and emotional background check before they are allowed to exercise their first amendment rights to free speech!

I would also like to propose word limits and regulation to hold accountable those who spread lies and disinformation for their own gain.

How much do you think the background checks and the first amendment permit should cost the government and media types?

Really I feel this is common sense and is in the interest of all true Americans!
To this end, all sitting politicians should be subject to a mental health test as well as an American history test, fail either and your out...

I would also add drug screening and prescription usage.....n. pelosi seems like she's had her "fair share" of both

Good thing I bought that 3 1/2 tons of mil surp brass awhile back. I'm sorry boys but that's bloody well enough. F it, lets get this thing started already. Sooner it does the sooner I can go back to being a quiet country farmer.

They so cray cray. California is leading the crazy train. Following the law has become a loophole in leftist speak. They just don't understand gun ownership and are too arrogant to turn around and ask their tax paid security. In Ca you cannot import ammo into the state and can only buy face to face. BGC start later this year, I believe. These laws don't apply to Crips, MS13 or law enforcement.

Last Edited:
Democrat_Restroom.png

The Dems are loading up the calendar with B.S. They keep introducing one stupid bill after another. Year after year. Making us fight every battle. They know that not all of their bills will pass. Maybe, not even ONE. Call it a strategy: Wearing us down.

Rules for Radicals....
"A good tactic is one your people enjoy."
"Keep the pressure on."
"The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself."
"The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."

BUT, there will be a certain amount of RINOs who will want to "compromise." That's their, "IN."

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
View attachment 444257

The Dems are loading up the calendar with B.S. Making us fight every battle. They know that not all of their bills will pass. Maybe, not even ONE. Call it strategy: Wearing us down.

BUT, there will be a certain amount of RINOs who will want to "compromise." That's their, "IN."

Aloha, Mark
Dang funny... That must be the gender confused bathroom, eh?

Good thing I bought that 3 1/2 tons of mil surp brass awhile back. I'm sorry boys but that's bloody well enough. F it, lets get this thing started already. Sooner it does the sooner I can go back to being a quiet country farmer.
I'm with you. Getting tired of this bs death by a thousand cuts. Let's get it on! It won't take long.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top