JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I traveled every week for over 20 years - how does one accidentally pack ammo in your luggage?
I had a flight carry on bag and a range bag
and carrying loaded guns in you checked baggage?
how does anyone today NOT know they are going to x-ray your luggage?

I love those minimum-wage commandos that work for TSA. They have the God-like ability to ruin a man's life over four .30-30 cartridges…

They are REALLY trying hard to make 6,737 firearms confiscations sound like a lot.

There were 16.3 million flights serving 77.5 million passengers in the US in 2023.

They are REALLY trying hard to make 6,737 firearms confiscations sound like a lot.

There were 16.3 million flights serving 77.5 million passengers in the US in 2023.
True, but 6,737 is only the number caught being idiots by the security theater. TSA consistently fails random tests. Also, even if 6,737 is the actual number of idiots forgetting that they have a loaded gun in a bag is a lot of idiots with guns that they're completely oblivious to.

I find it ridiculous that four cartridges could cause someone to sit rotting in a bubblegumhole prison in a country controlled by a, so-called, "Civilized" nation. Piss on them. Brittan that is.

I traveled every week for over 20 years - how does one accidentally pack ammo in your luggage?
I had a flight carry on bag and a range bag
and carrying loaded guns in you checked baggage?
how does anyone today NOT know they are going to x-ray your luggage?

It was unintentional and only 4 rounds, though. I could see it happening.

I remember back in my early 20's I was preparing for a trip to the east coast and I didn't even own any proper luggage. Borrowed a suitcase from a friend and I swear I checked it thoroughly and repeatedly for anything that wasn't mine and found nothing but a couple of business cards. The day of the trip, at the airport, but before going through security I decided to check and make sure I brought my jacket and a straight razor just falls out of the bag like it came out of nowhere. Fortunately it was going to be a checked bag anyways, but still. No one else had access to the bag since I got it, so the only explanation I have is it was in some crevice and was somehow jostled out of it.

I find it ridiculous that four cartridges could cause someone to sit rotting in a bubblegumhole prison in a country controlled by a, so-called, "Civilized" nation. Piss on them. Brittan that is.
1. Governments tend not to recognize the difference between the letter of the law and the intent.

2. Someone will probably earn a bonus/promotion/award for busting an "international arms trafficker."

Brittany Griner at least had the decency to bring the means to make her CBD oil functional!

Piss on them. Brittan that is.
Be interesting to see if Britain 'intervenes' in this given the Turks and Caicos are territories of GB.

It would be interesting to hear what our X member from there would have to say about this.

Given the circumstances this could potentially become an 'International incident, so to speak, with some intervention from the US Gov.

Last Edited:
I heard that it is more of a Lifestyle than a Prison...
ui_beachesprison.jpg
...he was probably hoping for a life sentence.

I have heard a second-hand account of an American arrested for unintentionally bringing a single round of .22lr into China. Allegedly the US embassy was able to arrange for their release in about 48 hours. Doesn't sound like fun though.

True, but 6,737 is only the number caught being idiots by the security theater. TSA consistently fails random tests. Also, even if 6,737 is the actual number of idiots forgetting that they have a loaded gun in a bag is a lot of idiots with guns that they're completely oblivious to.
I worked on one of their x-ray systems
they are dual energy x-ray machines with software calibrated for various densities
such as Tillamooc cheddar cheese has the same density as C-4 ( I know from personal experience)
most times the software would detect a firearm or ammo before the TSA operator would

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews