JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not being a lawyer or playing one on TV, I personally see no problem with this. The selector would not make your gun fire any differently. I also really see this as no different than a lower with markings in all three positions, (no pew, pew,pew pew) even if you added that safety selector to the pew lower you still only have no pew and pew. Just my opinion which is generally worth allot less tha .02...

Excellent subject and thank you. I do not know for sure the BATFE current rulings on possession of specific M16 bottom parts inside your AR15 rifle. Right now M16 bolt carriers are legal. Did not used to be. Long ago, M16 carriers were legal. Then NOT legal. Now they are legal.

Bottom end parts? Gray area. Seems modified M16 parts are fine. Most nowadays AR15 Hammers and Disconnecter s are modified M16 parts. Legal. No problems. But .... if one specific M16 part is used, then what would the BATFE say? A M16 selector may not be a good idea.

Edited extra 4 Aug, 2017 if anybody cares. A M16 disconnecter spring is also used and legal. Must be used with the bobbed or cut back M16 disconnecter which is frequently, (always?) used to todays (sp?) builds.

Just me. All Oregon State, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.

PS: Lenix Mint 17 Firefox Mozilla spelll chzk ist sehr funny. :) heute sehr shiestie? :)

Last Edited:
just use "the Gavel" you bought the other day Jim ;) don't take the chance. I asked the same question after getting a milsurp 3 pos. a month or so ago. They legally use them in those TacCom 3MR triggers, so I figured it would be OK but apparently they are different. You likely wouldn't have a problem unless they were after you for something else, and they would use it as extra fuel. It's too grey of an area, not worth loosing you're 2A rights. I traded mine for a regular 2 pos ambi.

Thanks for the concerns and thoughts about this subject, I always like to get opinions on things of this nature.

Kevin, I used the Gavel on the new 300BLK pistol and it worked flawlessly. Thanks!!!;)
Very welcome Jim... show me pics! I coulda used that on my build... was kind wishing I still had it, but I swapped some parts around and ended up using a Seekins Ambi in red... how's she look? Still waiting on the barrel IMG_2029.JPG

Very welcome Jim... show me pics! I coulda used that on my build... was kind wishing I still had it, but I swapped some parts around and ended up using a Seekins Ambi in red... how's she look? Still waiting on the barrelView attachment 370421

Lookin GOOD man!!! I like the neked (white they call it) look on the receivers. Most of the aftermarket parts I use comes from private sales by people who have "gone another direction" with their build....;) Twerks fer me!!!!:p

Yeah, definitely go with a 10.5" barrel.

Lookin GOOD man!!! I like the neked (white they call it) look on the receivers. Most of the aftermarket parts I use comes from private sales by people who have "gone another direction" with their build....;) Twerks fer me!!!!:p

Yeah, definitely go with a 10.5" barrel.
That's how I play it too... I've got $30(sig brace& kak tube)into this build so far...
the rest came from trades, and parts on hand.
think i'm going with mas defense melonite barrel.. on sale for $85 thru june.

It will work just fine, all it has on it is an additional detent spot for the full auto position. Once installed you will not feel the spot, it's not visible from the outside or even if you open it up and look inside. Only way you can tell is if you take the safety clear out.

It's not a controlled part so no worries!

Ha, most ATF agents can't tell the difference from an AR to an Airsoft... constructive intent my azz... you could put an entire m16 fcg (except the autosear) and it would'nt make a sh!t bit of difference. There's more to it than that...

You will never have a problem with the BATFE until the BATFE decides it has a problem with you. At that point you are probably screwed no matter how clean your pile is.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top