Ambidedextrious selector switches

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by Caveman Jim, May 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim
    West of Oly
    Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

Hi guys, just ordering some parts for the next build & came across these ambi-safeties. they have two models, 2 position semi auto & 3 position select fire. Will the 3 position work in a semi auto???
    Just curious mind you...

As always Thanks in advance...;)

Kley-Zion AR15/M4 Ambidextrous Selector Switches

Should this be in the NFA section????

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  2. Stomper

Stomper
    Ungovernable!
    Become Ungovernable! Gold Supporter

Other than a M16 BCG, you should not put ANY full-auto FCG parts in your semi-auto firearm. The BATF has been known to go after "constructive intent"... o_O

3. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER
    Eugene
    Refugee from the People's Republic of Illinois Gold Supporter

Not being a lawyer or playing one on TV, I personally see no problem with this. The selector would not make your gun fire any differently. I also really see this as no different than a lower with markings in all three positions, (no pew, pew,pew pew) even if you added that safety selector to the pew lower you still only have no pew and pew. Just my opinion which is generally worth allot less tha .02...

Caveman Jim likes this.
  4. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim
    West of Oly
    Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

True Dat on both accounts. I'm not advertising running afowl of the law and do not see a problem since they sell them off the shelf & no ffl is needed since it's not an NFA item

Slobray and MilitantBEEMER like this.
  5. HB of CJ

HB of CJ
    43N, 123W Kinda

Excellent subject and thank you. I do not know for sure the BATFE current rulings on possession of specific M16 bottom parts inside your AR15 rifle. Right now M16 bolt carriers are legal. Did not used to be. Long ago, M16 carriers were legal. Then NOT legal. Now they are legal.

Bottom end parts? Gray area. Seems modified M16 parts are fine. Most nowadays AR15 Hammers and Disconnecter s are modified M16 parts. Legal. No problems. But .... if one specific M16 part is used, then what would the BATFE say? A M16 selector may not be a good idea.

Just me. All Oregon State, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.

PS: Lenix Mint 17 Firefox Mozilla spelll chzk ist sehr funny. :)

6. Mygrainman

Mygrainman
    SW WA

just use "the Gavel" you bought the other day Jim ;) don't take the chance. I asked the same question after getting a milsurp 3 pos. a month or so ago. They legally use them in those TacCom 3MR triggers, so I figured it would be OK but apparently they are different. You likely wouldn't have a problem unless they were after you for something else, and they would use it as extra fuel. It's too grey of an area, not worth loosing you're 2A rights. I traded mine for a regular 2 pos ambi.

HB of CJ likes this.