JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to plink off a few rounds today at Mt Hood National Forest. I let my cousin shoot my AR15 and when he put it on "Safe" after he used it. He switched it to the 3rd position. This has never happened before and now it can go to that position fairly easy. I've tried pulling the trigger with safety on and 3rd position, it is a dead trigger. But i'm wondering what the cause might be. I'll have a video up soon once I have the time. (there is a small gap between the receiver and the end of the switch and it does move in and out when its actuated to the 3rd position)

BTW there was a lot of garbage up there at the pit passed memaloose. Me and my cousins cleaned up our brass of course and most of the shotgun hulls that people left behind (we didn't shoot any shotguns). Lots of broken bear bottles, cans, and cardboard.

Sounds like you need to replace the safety selector, also look at the detent and detent spring.

As for the garbage... perhaps the place the place needs 24/7 video surveillance. :rolleyes:

So after taking things apart, I've noticed that the actual dimple on the safety selector that the detent sits in is very shallow which is probably causing it to be able to turn to the third position. I replaced it with a new safety selector switch and is now good to go. Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top