JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so my girlfriends Australian family members are here for a little bit and have voiced their desire to go shooting but only on a budget; so rent rnges are out of the question. i normally go to browns camp but its closed right now. anyone know of another free place to shoot near the beaverton/hillsboro area?

Hell..just go out in the woods and start shooting away. Just like the morons who were up in the same area where my boys were elk hunting, blasting everything in site and leaving their sh*t everywhere.

Hell..just go out in the woods and start shooting away. Just like the morons who were up in the same area where my boys were elk hunting, blasting everything in site and leaving their sh*t everywhere.

I wrecked someone's elk hunt once. Was sighting rifles near Salmonberry Rd, only a mile or 2 from 26. I didn't know it was elk season, but even if i did, I wouldn't have expected hunters so close to Hwy 26. As I was packing up to leave, the hunters showed up to "thank" me. I felt stupid and terrible. But I leave no trash, so I wasn't your boys' particular nemesis.

That said, I'd avoid hunting near the popular shooting spots just off 6 and 26 - just too many city fools like me.

Salmonberry road.

And have them clean up your area with you once you're done!.. Even if it isn't your trash.
Itll give them an appreciation for our respect for public land shooting and OUR 2A rights.

That said, I'd avoid hunting near the popular shooting spots just off 6 and 26 - just too many city fools like me.

People hunt in clear cuts and other areas right off 26 a lot. Not so much on 6. The area around Browns Camp and Story Burn has more traffic than downtown Beaverton at 5 pm. It would be my last choice unless I got at least 5 miles off the highway. Jones Creek has all the ATV / motorcycle riders. You can get a 3 or 4 miles back in and up in elevation and find some decent spots.

I traverse those areas a few times a year, several times over the Salmonberry and Nestucca routes. I always see trash and sh*t left from shooters. And I see areas where people clean up after themselves.

Ok so when you are on HWY 6 headed towards Browns camp, you take that left turn to get on the trail right? so take the right turn right before you take the left turn to Browns...... just fallow it up and you can find some spots up in the hills. Just make sure you don't go too far and pass gates. I once went too far and saw the gate and past it and some mothertrucker decided to close the gate on us.

There is a missing hillsboro man missing since thursday. They are searching the browns camp area right now so if you head up that way look for a maroon ford ranger 2002-2004 with gray trim around the wheel wells. His name is ryan horn and he has been missing since thursday. There is a big search party up there right now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top