Defensive Arts
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Southwest Firearms
HighLine Firearms
J&B Firearm Sales
Gun Deals
Reactions
What is bonded ivory?
I was digging around in old threads on here and I found reference to altamontgrips.com. They seem to have nice stuff, and their prices are great.
Has anybody used anything from Altamont, and/or bonded ivory?

Reactions
I bought a pair of their grips for my ppk/s. They look awsome on it. Sorry, can't help you on the bonded ivory, mine are laminated wood.

RSCN2534.jpg

Reactions
I would think so with the prices they charge, low. They've got some nice looking stuff on their gallery. I'm thinking (bonded) ivory inserts on an old style OEM grip for my GP100 would look pretty good.
So does anybody know much about this materiel?

Reactions
<broken link removed>

Bonded Ivory was developed as an economical genuine Ivory substitute. This epoxy, filled with natural materials, works and polishes, as well as looks like real Ivory. With age, it develops a yellowish patina which makes it indistinguishable from the more expensive and fragile real thing. Bonded Ivory is durable and tough for heavy use and long life.

Reactions
as Drew quoted above its a plastic/epoxy with powdered bone/ivory mixed in, you can age them if you don't like to wait and like that older broke-in look with strong tea or coffee.

Reactions
Don't know exactly what natural materials they use, but I received a new pair as part of a purchase of an old N frame S&W. They appear to be well made, well finished, and quite heavy. I've never handled real ivory grips, but I bet these are very close to the real deal.

Project Appleseed
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Cerberus Training Group
Sporting Systems
Copeland Custom Gunworks
NW Custom Firearms
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Southwest Firearms Forum

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Top Bottom