JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.oregonfirearms.org/2015-gun-bills

2015 Gun Bills
HB 2348 Provides honorably retired law enforcement officers with protections provided to Oregon concealed handgun license holders. (Support)

HB 2357 Modifies certain law enforcement defenses applicable to certain firearms-related crimes. (Support)

HB 2424 Authorizes employees of Department of Corrections State Board of Parole and Post-Prison Supervision and Oregon Corrections Enterprises who work in department building to store personal handgun and ammunition in vehicle. (No Position)

HB 2429 Repeals sunset on provisions related to relief from prohibition on possessing and purchasing firearms. (Monitoring)

HB 2503 Vests sole authority to regulate hunting ammunition and fishing gear with Legislative Assembly with specified exceptions. (Support)

HB 2527 Provides that active and honorably retired law enforcement officers may possess firearms or other dangerous weapons in public buildings.(Support)

HB 2529 Exempts certain transferors of firearms from requesting criminal history record check if purchaser or recipient has concealed handgun license. (Monitoring)

HB 2533 Exempts certain transferors of firearms from requesting criminal history record check if purchaser or recipient has concealed handgun license.(Support)

HB 2628 Disallows all filing fees, service fees and hearing fees in action for court's protective stalking
order, even if stalking order is not only relief sought in action. (In its original form, this bill contained a dangerous anti-gun provision. It was removed at OFF's request. We are now neutral on this bill.)

HB 2705 Changes standard in some circumstances for use of deadly physical force.
(Oppose)

HB 2915 Establishes tax credit for gun safe. (whoever wrote this never bought a gun safe) (No Position)

HB 3051 Provides persons licensed to carry concealed handgun in another state with protections provided to persons with Oregon concealed handgun license.(Support)

HB 3093 Provides persons licensed to carry concealed handgun in another state with protections provided to persons with Oregon concealed handgun license if other state has no less stringent handgun competency requirement than Oregon. (Support with amendments.)

HB 3528 Keeps background checks voluntary, destroys records, places responsibility for not transferring to felons on the transferor. (Support)

SB 86 Authorizes establishment of firearms training facility on lot or parcel that is in exclusive farm zone forest zone or mixed farm and forest zone and that is not within city or urban growth boundary.( No postion)

SB 106 Directs Department of Public Safety Standards and Training to establish handgun safety instructor program. (Support)

SB 115 Make multiple changes in CHL law . (Support)

SB 170 Requires school districts to provide firearm safety courses.(Support)

SB 173 Authorizes person licensed to carry concealed handgun to present valid license instead of providing firearm to peace officer for examination when possessing firearm in public building. (Support)

SB 299 Changes states in which residents of Oregon may lawfully obtain long guns for transport into Oregon from contiguous states to all other states.(Support)

SB 300 Removes Department of State Police as designated state point of contact for purposes of National Instant Criminal Background Check System. (Support)

SB 315 Provides that used firearm transfer register may be electronic or manual.
(Support)

SB 385 Adds justice court and municipal court to definition of court facility in which firearms and other weapons are prohibited except in specified circumstances. (Oppose)

SB 525 Prohibits possession of firearm or ammunition by person who is subject to restraining order issued by court under Family Abuse Prevention Act or who has been convicted of certain misdemeanor crimes involving domestic violence. (Oppose. Eliminates Due Process.)

SB 528Provides persons licensed to carry concealed handgun in another state with protections provided to persons with Oregon concealed handgun license. (Support)

SB 636 Reduces required age for concealed handgun license to 18 if applicant is service member.(Support)

SB 723 Exempts certain transferors of firearms from requesting criminal history record check if purchaser or recipient has concealed handgun license. (Support)

SB 724 Provides persons licensed to carry concealed handgun in another state with protections provided to persons with Oregon concealed handgun license if other state has no less stringent requirements for obtaining license than Oregon. (Oppose. Invests too much power in State Police)

SB 941A Outlaws private transfers of personal property, expands gun registry and police gun owner list, requires gun owners to ask permission from Oregon State Police before giving guns to others, forces every transfer to be subject to failed "background check" system. (Oppose)

SB 945Creates crime of endangering a minor by allowing access to a firearm. (Oppose)

I feel the need to bathe.....:eek:

People brought this on themselves.
Leftist dominated Portland, Eugene, Ashland, Bend, & Coasties.
All liberal Leftists put them there.
Those that didn't vote, ..... let them do it.

Last Edited:
People brought this on themselves.
Those in Portland, Eugene, Ashland, Bend, & Coasties.
All liberal Leftists put them there.
Those that didn't vote let them do it.
Boy do you have that right. I cannot believe that they couldn't see it coming. The trouble is that the metro areas only have a small circle that they listen too.:(

My letter to my Representative District 51

"Representative Fagan;

Your sponsorship of SB 941 crushed my opinion of you.
After the Clackamas town center shooting, you said you would propose a tax credit for citizens purchasing a gun safe.
Was an excellent idea to foster gun safety!
Had the owner of the stolen rifle used at the mall secured his rifle in a safe, the shooter wouldn't have had that rifle.
Didn't hear anything more about it, but my opinion of your thinking was up.

Every Memorial day for the past 20 years, my Marine buddy has borrowed my M1 service rifle to march in full uniform as a color guard.
My adult children borrow my guns when they want to target shoot at Douglas Ridge.
My friends new to hunting and target shooting have borrowed my guns to get their feel before buying their own guns.
I have secured my guns in a Cannon vault safe since before it was fashionable, 1979.

I am a law abiding citizen, but if your bill passes, you will move the line between lawful and criminal.
I won't have moved, but SB941 and your actions will have moved it.
I am one of many law abiding citizens that think this way.
If you vote against this bill, my opinion of you will rise by leaps and bounds.
If you vote for this bill, I will remember you.

Sincerely
Rick Benjamin
Damascus, Oregon 97089"

The kommiefornia demokkkRats have taken over Oregon,,,:mad:

They are like a bunch of drunk teenagers, having a competition on who can introduce the worst freedom infringing bill,,,

Last Edited:
This is further proof that elections have consequences. The real people to point the finger at are those who did not vote at all. I don't think 941 was not about stopping crime at all for the writers of it. Just another step to take all the guns away. Suppose a year from now Ginny Burdick declares that due to a rise in homicides in Portland, there is proof that 941 was too weak or was ineffective. Then she with her cohorts, writes another even stiffer legislation. It will never end.
I only hope that this overreach will get people - even Democrats - to get out and vote differently.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top