JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, the technology that has entered our homes is both remarkable and terrifying. My wife asked me just the other day why it is that I always wear my gun in the house?

I looked her dead in the eye and said, "because of the Decepticons!"

I laughed. She laughed. The toaster laughed. I shot the toaster. It was a good time! :D

The word "hate" is a strong word, and I use it very cautiously, but I hate Alexa, and Siri, and "Hey Google". No, not hate. "Despise", or how about "loathe"? Anyone know of a stronger word?

I won't use them. I turn them off on my phone (as much as is possible). The technology is interesting, but on a practical level I simply have no use for them whatsoever. I see them as a solution looking for a problem, or a technology looking for a reason to exist. I think most people use them primarily for the novelty, rather than any real practicality.

The younger generation seems generally more comfortable talking to computers. It's a different world, that's for sure.

Really? Alexa is worthless for crossword help.
Yeah she doesn't listen so well either! The kids are always screaming at her to turn off the music and it takes her 3 times to comply. Alexa is kind of like an extra kid in the house, except she doesn't swear or steal my makeup. :s0140:

The word "hate" is a strong word, and I use it very cautiously, but I hate Alexa, and Siri, and "Hey Google". No, not hate. "Despise", or how about "loathe"? Anyone know of a stronger word?

I won't use them. I turn them off on my phone (as much as is possible). The technology is interesting, but on a practical level I simply have no use for them whatsoever. I see them as a solution looking for a problem, or a technology looking for a reason to exist. I think most people use them primarily for the novelty, rather than any real practicality.

The younger generation seems generally more comfortable talking to computers. It's a different world, that's for sure.

I think they stopped publishing the encyclopedia over 10 years ago, left us with few options to research.

I still use internet search engines; I just refuse to talk to them. It's a silly pet peeve I have. I hate calling a company and having to talk to their automated phone system. I'll push buttons if I have to, such as "Press 1 for customer service", but I can't stand having to talk to the voice recognition software.

I just think we've lost something as a society, with all this stuff like Alexa and Facebook, and gained very little.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top