JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
East Side Lions Club gun show
Sat Jan 14th 9am - 5pm
Sun Jan 15th 9am - 4pm

Linn County Expo Center, Albany, Oregon - visible from I-5. Free parking. Easy in and out.

This is NOT the Albany Rifle And Pistol Club show - which is the best show pound-for-pound in the state. The East Side Lions Club show is a bit smaller but attracts most of the same vendors. But the ARPC Show is not for two months (March 4-5), so if you've got cabin fever and need to get out of the house and smell some gun oil, this show is it.

This show should be very interesting to attend. With the defeat of the Democrats nationally (but alas not in Oregon), there is likely to be quite a change in gun shows:

Fewer (desperate, panicked) attendees. Looking forward to a little elbow room for a change.

More possible deals as dealers and speculators now must divest of their "Hillary Stash". Ammo and guns - think .22lr, hi-cap magazines and AR-15's.

Possibly a less "Take it or leave it, peasant!" pricing mentality among the dealers.

I don't need anything, but I may just take a walk-through and evaluate the sea-change in the market. Might bump into some friends too.
Anyway, it's been a while since I enjoyed an $8 urinal-cake-flavored hot dog. :s0139:

I was set up there today. Decent show with pretty good attendance. Not sure I saw any screaming bargains....except on my table of course.:D .22LR was available at less than total rapist pricing. Mini Mag HP for $9 per 100. Still not the good old days but it's as good as we've seen for some time.

I went to the show, it was a pretty go show. Watch out for one of the venders., he is kind of short and has curly grey hair. He had a Model 24 Savage that I have been looking for. So I asked him if he had any interest in doing a deal which would include a double barreled shotgun, that I had in my car. He said "Sure go get I want to take a look, I want to see it"and got it.This took all 5 minutes. Walked in just to see the gun I wanted walk with somebody else. After suffering two strokes last I cannot go as fast as I used. I would not ever deal guy again and nobody else should ether.!!

In defense of the short curly haired geezer (not me) well over 95% of people going out to get whatever to do some trading either never come back or they sell the item on the way to the curly haired old geezer's table. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to look at things from the far side of the table.

I sure understand that that happens, I sell at gun shows, too. But, I am sure that he knew that I went out to get the gun he asked to see. If I would have came later that morning and he sold it I can understand that. But, this was before the gunshow started, he asked to see the gun and knew I was going to get it. Time is the point here. I was back in the time took to walk and get the gun and walk back. At the most this was 10 mins at the most. Maybe I am wrong, but, because other people don't return when they say they will, didn't I deserve a few minutes to see if I was going to do what I said would ? Because I did. I just feel this is no way to do business.

I hear what you are saying. This is a no win conversation. Hard to say what I would have done in that situation what with the show not being open yet. At any rate, I would hope that this one incident doesn't lay the framework for all gun show vendors and transacteions.

Yes, I was in with the vendors and had a vendors badge. So nothin' going on there. All I am saying is, if somebody doesn't have the common courtesy to treat you like an individual ( don't call me a "be-backer until I prove that I am ). Like you, I hope this doesn't set a standard.
I give my word and I keep it, and I expect you to do same
Thanks for your thoughts.

I wear a bowler and do indeed play a banjo.
I have done business with you on several occasions, at the Eugene and Roseburg gun shows. You helped me out immensely several years ago, when my wife needed surgery to remove a baseball sized tumor from her breast, you purchased several guns from me to help pay for the surgery. You were very honest in your evaluations of the guns I had, you didn't over pay for them, (you have to leave a little meat on the bone for yourself), but you didn't rip me off either, even though you sensed my desperation to sell them I'm sure. Thank you, and keep on picking that banjo, it's fun to watch.

I have done business with you on several occasions, at the Eugene and Roseburg gun shows. You helped me out immensely several years ago, when my wife needed surgery to remove a baseball sized tumor from her breast, you purchased several guns from me to help pay for the surgery. You were very honest in your evaluations of the guns I had, you didn't over pay for them, (you have to leave a little meat on the bone for yourself), but you didn't rip me off either, even though you sensed my desperation to sell them I'm sure. Thank you, and keep on picking that banjo, it's fun to watch.

Thank you for the kind words and I do remember back then. I do try to be fair to those I deal with while looking out for myself. I've made my own good fortune over the years as have many of us. This doesn't keep the roof over my head and I've never been so desparate for money that I have to bend someone over a barrel. I do have to live with myself. We'll leave it at that and for sure I'll keep on pickin. Up where I live people do tend to paddle somewhat faster now & then.

Thank you for the kind words and I do remember back then. I do try to be fair to those I deal with while looking out for myself. I've made my own good fortune over the years as have many of us. This doesn't keep the roof over my head and I've never been so desparate for money that I have to bend someone over a barrel. I do have to live with myself. We'll leave it at that and for sure I'll keep on pickin. Up where I live people do tend to paddle somewhat faster now & then.

This is the kind of man more people need to be like.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top