JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems to me that an unintended result of Russia invading Ukraine, is that Putin has shown the rest of the world, they aren't very well equipped.
Yeah. The PU snipers…. HA! I cant even imagine- A formidable rifle to be sure, but that scope has horrible eye relief- you think they would have at least SVD's or something… Even for the Chechen groups

Ukrainian small arms are quite unique. This is a Ukrainian manufactured "Mayluk" AK bullpup actual assault rifle. A stamped receiver with a polymer lower.

274826712_1097683757442963_2389231767482946105_n.jpg 274597425_330222862407648_9104446942061813252_n.jpg 274539927_1023379598250681_4415322677384854588_n.jpg download (15).jpg

Last Edited:
Assuming that (mostly all) Govts like to "regulate firearms".

Could I/should I assume......
That they are at least in compliance with ALL current gun regulations?

You know.....for SAFETY and the collection of TAXES.

Aloha, Mark

Everybody thought Russia was the 2nd best army in the world. Turns out they are just the 2nd best army in Ukraine.
Yep, the Russian Army has been exposed.
Calling for troops from Syria and Georgia ? Really ?
Someday we'll find out how much intel help the Ukes got from the US and Great Britain.
A lot I think.

Yep, the Russian Army has been exposed.
Calling for troops from Syria and Georgia ? Really ?
Someday we'll find out how much intel help the Ukes got from the US and Great Britain.
A lot I think.
Just like '67 or '73, I can never remember which, when the Russkies were rushing everything that could shoot to Syria and Egypt and we leveled the playing field by supplying Israel with intel and materiel...

Yeah. The PU snipers…. HA! I cant even imagine- A formidable rifle to be sure, but that scope has horrible eye relief- you think they would have at least SVD's or something… Even for the Chechen groups
if your talking about the original WW2 PU scopes, your correct
the the reproduction scopes have reasonable optics with modern technology glass - I know, I have one

P1030889.JPG P1030867.JPG P1030882.JPG

Just like '67 or '73, I can never remember which, when the Russkies were rushing everything that could shoot to Syria and Egypt and we leveled the playing field by supplying Israel with intel and materiel...
You would be talking about the '73 war because the '67 war was the "Six Day War" and logistics never figured in. In '67 Israel pre-emptively hit the Arab coalition as they new they were about to attack. Where that intel came from I do not know for certain, and maybe it is still well hidden for all I know.

I have rarely been prouder of our country than when I learned about "Operation Nickel Grass"** - air bridge from eastern US bases/depots to resupply the Israelis in '73. Nixon just opened the gates and made sure they survived. Kind of the same way Roosevelt did in '41 with Russia. Except one of those was not in fact at all intelligent, and was possibly a tragic mistake of epic proportions, and borderline treason, as Sean McMeekin's recent book made plain and clear.***

They could do this stuff because all the supplies were sitting in stateside depots in complete combat ready state, part of Operation Reforger (REsupply of FORces in GERmany). This was maybe the only smart thing Lyndon Johnson did as president ever did. I have heard stories they took M60s, M113s, etc. straight off training grounds around the country, too. Not sure if that is true. I think my dad was still a reserve armored support officer at Ft. Knox at the time (tank recovery, repair, etc.). I will ask him tomorrow if he recalls more details about this or if he was already out.

Oh yeah, another detail I recall is how the Spanish refused to do anything - including doing absolutely nothing - to help the US or Israel. They denied the Galaxies and Starlifters overflight of a small corner of the country if they were taking material to Israel. Unfortunately that greatly complicated things as it was just enough to make the birds have to tank again when otherwise they would not. Ever since then I've been hoping SOMEONE would invade Spain and we could all sit aside just like they did. I'm also very pro-Portugal but that's maybe unrelated. Or maybe not. Anyway, Espagna delinda est. *****

By the way, the name was genius, too. "Nickel Grass" is a clear allusion to a pilot's song from the Korea era ("Throw a nickel on the grass....").

Also, I'm not Jewish, this isn't self-interested. In fact, I was raised a Southern Baptist in Kentucky. But I also got a degree in history at Harvard and I pay attention.

** more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Nickel_Grass

*** Awesome read: https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/54815264-stalin-s-war

**** Of course we are talking about little Golda Mabovitch: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golda_Meir#Early_life

***** - Unfortunately I cannot document this externally at the moment. It is probably somewhere. My uncle was a USAF tanker pilot at the time TDY In England when not TDY in Thailand. I think he told me but he's deceasd and I can't get the citation at the moment.

Last Edited:
Little-known fact about the Yom Kippur War
Sister's BF at the time was in the US Marines.
He was on an assault carrier (helos) in the Med during the '73 War.
Suddenly they were issued Israeli Army uniforms while on board !

We were getting ready to go in !

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads