Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AK Side Folder

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by RedneckRampage, Apr 7, 2012.

1. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

I've been kinda wanting to get an AK and put an Ace sidefolder on it. Do I need to start out with a sidefolder, or can I EASILY switch a fixed stock rifle over?

2. Toxic6

Toxic6 Higher then a PDX hipster (~10,000 ft higher) Active Member

You can just replace the fixed stock with aftermarket side folders - as long as you have the right aftermarket stock for the model ak you are modifying. At least in my experience...............

3. Flyingjibus

Flyingjibus Portland New Member

You will neeed to cut the tang off the rear trunnion on a fixed stock AK to make the Ace folder work. That is EASY. If you ever want to go back to a standard AK stock you are in for a HARD fix.

You could use the part that allows you to retain the tang on the trunnion but it looks like bubblegum..

I have an Ace folder on my MAK-90 and I love it.

Toxic6 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Toxic6

Toxic6 Higher then a PDX hipster (~10,000 ft higher) Active Member

I've never seen an ace folder just tapco ones lol.....guess i shouldn't have chimed in.

5. das_napeth

das_napeth Snohomish, WA Member

Ace makes an external block for the AK so you don't have to cut the tang off.

6. stlarm88

stlarm88 Bellingham, WA Member

If you want to keep the tang, I would recomend the Kerbs Custom Ace Receiver block. It looks way better than the Ace and other brand blocks that keep the tang.