JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have owned a SAR 1 for several years a decent one where there is nor cant on front sight or gas block back in the days where I bought it for $200. I do not enjoy shooting it because

1. Stock is to short for me (I am a big guy)
2. Recoil is more than I expected the rifle.
3. Sight suck.

Would like to keep the orginal wood stock as it is in great shape. How can I extend it out another inch or two to be more comfortable?

Recoil nothing I know can be done except deal with it

Any aftermarket sight available?

I have done general googlism and have come up with nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions

No its not for sale!

Thanks

1. Stock is to short for me (I am a big guy)- Tapco or K-var USA length stock 1.25" longer than standard. They have adjustable folding options out there as well.

2. Recoil is more than I expected the rifle.- Recoil buffer buffertech or blackjack, and muzzle brake might help. also a butt pad. UTG has one that spreads the recoil over a larger area slips on. It's ugly but it works pretty good.

3. Sight suck.- MOJO peep sights, Krebs Custom, and Williams all make a peep style. check them all out. I like the Krebs. The MOJO offers the most adjustment and the Williams offers the smallest peep hole!! No pun intended!

Hope this helps.

Last Edited:
I've got a rubber buttpad that attaches to the existing holes in the buttstock. Probably adds about 1 1/2 inches.

this is the best way to go will extend while keeping original and might help felt recoil

doobie8 mentioned a lot of good sight options and just find a good break if you want to spend extra there are some really good breaks on the market now that almost eliminate muzzle climb

+1 on buffertech it makes it feel smoother

discussion here on breaks
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-312982.html

There is also a GB being started for PWS stuff on FM and they are getting rave reviews right now may all be hype but worth looking into

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top