JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have owned a SAR 1 for several years a decent one where there is nor cant on front sight or gas block back in the days where I bought it for $200. I do not enjoy shooting it because

1. Stock is to short for me (I am a big guy)
2. Recoil is more than I expected the rifle.
3. Sight suck.

Would like to keep the orginal wood stock as it is in great shape. How can I extend it out another inch or two to be more comfortable?

Recoil nothing I know can be done except deal with it

Any aftermarket sight available?

I have done general googlism and have come up with nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions

No its not for sale!

Thanks

1. Stock is to short for me (I am a big guy)- Tapco or K-var USA length stock 1.25" longer than standard. They have adjustable folding options out there as well.

2. Recoil is more than I expected the rifle.- Recoil buffer buffertech or blackjack, and muzzle brake might help. also a butt pad. UTG has one that spreads the recoil over a larger area slips on. It's ugly but it works pretty good.

3. Sight suck.- MOJO peep sights, Krebs Custom, and Williams all make a peep style. check them all out. I like the Krebs. The MOJO offers the most adjustment and the Williams offers the smallest peep hole!! No pun intended!

Hope this helps.

Last Edited:
I've got a rubber buttpad that attaches to the existing holes in the buttstock. Probably adds about 1 1/2 inches.

this is the best way to go will extend while keeping original and might help felt recoil

doobie8 mentioned a lot of good sight options and just find a good break if you want to spend extra there are some really good breaks on the market now that almost eliminate muzzle climb

+1 on buffertech it makes it feel smoother

discussion here on breaks
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-312982.html

There is also a GB being started for PWS stuff on FM and they are getting rave reviews right now may all be hype but worth looking into

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top