JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I need a whole new front sight installed, i need the piston riveted to the bolt. I need all new furniture for the rifle. First issue with the gun is that I.O Inc, the manufacturer of the rifle milled out the windage drum too big so the front sight post slides left and right and front to back with absolutely no effort. The piston was never riveted to the bolt so after a hundred rounds or so the piston will start walking out of the bolt and needs to be retightened. All of the furniture needs to be replaced. The stock can't be tightened down and wobbles badly after a couple mags. The handguards are cheap the bottom one wobbles very badly.

ORrrrrrrrrrr......fix things yourself. First off, if the pin grooves on the barrel were milled out to large. Another sight post will not cure the problem. If you are really bent on using the factory size pins, then you will need a new barrel and start over. Otherwise to fix your problem, you will simply have to use larger pins. Use a laser pointer to align everything when installing the larger pins. Next problem. I hope you are talking about the gas piston being riveted to the bolt......."carrier" and not the bolt. That is a very simple process and you can buy replacement rivets. Tighten the piston to the carrier. Use the hole in the carrier as you guide. Clamp into a drilling vise and use a drill press to drill the hole. Makes sure your hole size is the same diameter as the rivet. One end of the rivet will already be flare. Install the rivet on the counter sunk side. Then with a hammer and a bench vise, use the vise as an anviel, put the flared end down and tap the other end with a hammer until that end is flared. Then take a flat file and file it smooth. Finally the furniture..........If you have taken your AK apart. The furniture is a no brainer.:rolleyes:

If i had the tools i would have already done the repairs myself. I've already changed the entire trigger group on the rifle due to the old trigger group not resetting.

The pins on the front sight are fine. I'm talking about the hole the windage drum sits inside. That hole was milled out to large when it was made, so the windage drum moves left and right and back and forth with no effort at all. I can move the rifle side to side and the windage drum will move. The windage drum sits inside the front sight housing. on top of the windage drum is where the front sight post screws into. I know the problem is the front sight housing because i've already bought a new windage drum and it had the same issue.

There was never a hole drilled to be able to put the rivet into for the piston/bolt carrier.

Ak problem 1.jpg AK problem 2.jpg

There is never a hole drilled into new gas pistons. You have to drill them yourself. Use the hole in the carrier as a guide. The front sight tower is an easy fix also. Just remove the flash hider, knock out the pins, press the sight off, install new sight with a press, repin, and reattach the flash hider.

This wasn't a brand new gas piston..... This came from the factory like this. But since i'm the second owner of the rifle they won't fix their mistake without charging me out the bubblegum. And like i said before i don't have the tools so i can't do the repairs myself otherwise i would have.

Humor me here, I'm a little redneck. Why couldn't you put some hi temp rtv or similar on the threads for the gas piston and tighten.Seems like it would hold ?
As far as the sight, pull the pin and put some silicone or blue loctite and reinstall while you're at the range, sight in and let it dry.

Or.......... tig weld a tack on both and call it good :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads