JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Haven't heard that about the Tantals, but since they have used bores maybe that is the reason. If the Tantals are made by Century then I would avoid them on general principles..

Century has used a 5.56 barrel (new) on a 5.45 AK, that's where the problem is.

Interarms Tantals have absolutely no problems. Neither do kits with the original barrels.

Personally, I'd never buy anything that Century has built. ****, even Lancaster has been having problems with their Bulgy 74s lately.

Century has used a 5.56 barrel (new) on a 5.45 AK, that's where the problem is.

Interarms Tantals have absolutely no problems. Neither do kits with the original barrels.

Personally, I'd never buy anything that Century has built. ****, even Lancaster has been having problems with their Bulgy 74s lately.

I assumed the Century builds were an old lot with used barrels.. hard to keep track of all the clones these days

I looked at the appleseed project before and honestly it seemed kinda lame to me. Shooting tiny targets at 25yds is *not* the same as shooting life size targets at 300 and other varying ranges. I mean, I guess if you have very little experience and have never taken a carbine/rifle class before it might be handy. You'll get the basics of marksmanship for sure and learn things like proper trigger control.

As for AK-47 vs AK-74, I say go with the 74 all the way. Lighter, faster, cheaper ammunition. I'd choose an Arsenal with Bulgarian parts personally. They are a bit more expensive than other stuff but they make some *very* nice AKs. If you're getting something from century, make sure you go test it out at the range right away. They have a pretty bad quality control reputation, most places you buy from will replace it right away though if you get a lemon though but you definitely need to make sure it works and send it back if you get keyholing, canted front sight base, or feeding issues (check multiple mags if you get this, might just be the mag).

Also, might be worth it to get a peep/aperture rear sight. AK stock leaf sights are meh.

Appleseed only uses 25 yards when they do not have access to 500 yards, etc

It's a good start for a newbie long range rifle shooter like my wife

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews