JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You going for the whole weekend or only a day shoot?

What 22 LG are you going to bring to shoot?

I have shot sooooooo much ammo at the events but had quite a lot of fun taking family and friends to the events.

Let us know if you make marksman:mad:

Going for both days. Gonna bring a 10/22 and another for backup. Was zeroing in at 25 meters with federal white box last night. This was my final 10 round group. 20180514_192505.jpg
Two fliers but that was probably me. I'll sling some cci at it later this week and see if that gets me a little better results.

I'll be there on Sunday. I might shoot a few strings, but more likely I'll just be clearing the line and doing demos for the shoot boss. (I'm an Appleseed instructor-in-training).

See you there!

Cardoff, I will tell you a few things right up front:

We will instruct you how to shoot in prone, sitting, and standing position. We will demo everything over and over again. We will show you over and over again. We will teach you about NPOA (Natural Point of Aim) over and over again.

The vast majority of students who go through Appleseed are still not doing what we are teaching by the end of Day 2. Almost everyone sees improvements in their scores, but it is the select few students who really embrace what we're teaching who go on to become Riflemen.

The best thing you can do for yourself right now is to watch some youtube videos about the Appleseed shooting positions. PRACTICE getting in to those positions starting NOW!

This coming Saturday will be hot- be aware that if you're using a shooting mat with plastic or rubber spots at the elbow positions, the beating sun will turn those areas into elbow-burning hot spots.

Make sure every screw on your rifle is tightened down. Literally almost every event I do there's at least one shooter who starts off doing great, then their scores drop dramatically. Usually turns out to be loose screws on the scope / optic, or the main take-down screw of the Ruger 10/22.

Do not use 25 round mags at Appleseed. You cannot get your support arm UNDER the rifle when using a 25 round banana mag. I have never seen anyone shoot rifleman score using banana mags. Use the 10 round rotary mags or whatever 10 rounder for your rifle. Also, practice doing rapid mag changes in the prone and sitting positions. Being able to make rapid mag changes in those two positions will save precious seconds for you when the time pressure element is added to the course of instruction!

If you have any more questions about it, feel free to hit me up!

Last Edited:
Cardoff, I will tell you a few things right up front:

We will instruct you how to shoot in prone, sitting, and standing position. We will demo everything over and over again. We will show you over and over again. We will teach you about NPOA (Natural Point of Aim) over and over again.

The vast majority of students who go through Appleseed are still not doing what we are teaching by the end of Day 2. Almost everyone sees improvements in their scores, but it is the select few students who really embrace what we're teaching who go on to become Riflemen.

The best thing you can do for yourself right now is to watch some youtube videos about the Appleseed shooting positions. PRACTICE getting in to those positions starting NOW!

This coming Saturday will be hot- be aware that if you're using a shooting mat with plastic or rubber spots at the elbow positions, the beating sun will turn those areas into elbow-burning hot spots.

Make sure every screw on your rifle is tightened down. Literally almost every event I do there's at least one shooter who starts off doing great, then their scores drop dramatically. Usually turns out to be loose screws on the scope / optic, or the main take-down screw of the Ruger 10/22.

Do not use 25 round mags at Appleseed. You cannot get your support arm UNDER the rifle when using a 25 round banana mag. I have never seen anyone shoot rifleman score using banana mags. Use the 10 round rotary mags or whatever 10 rounder for your rifle. Also, practice doing rapid mag changes in the prone and sitting positions. Being able to make rapid mag changes in those two positions will save precious seconds for you when the time pressure element is added to the course of instruction!

If you have any more questions about it, feel free to hit me up!
Thanks for the info Ironbar! I honestly wont get much time to watch videos between work, girls soccer and boys baseball, but I'll do what I can. I can commit to bringing a good and teachable attitude though.

I ran into some jamming issues on my go to 10/22 when sighting in that a good cleaning and new extractor didn't fix. So I'm prepping a newer 10/22 as we speak, rings and sling. I'll have to zero in tomorrow so not sure how much practice I'll get changing mags. But hey, I'm just coming to learn. If I earn a patch, well, even better. Looking forward to it. Thanks again for the info.

It was great meeting Cardoff today at the Dundee Appleseed event! We had absolutely great weather, everyone was motivated, and I think a good time was had by all.

Cardoff, looking forward to seeing you at Appleseed again! Remember to keep up the practice!

I shot at the Dundee Appleseed event this weekend as well.
I started SLOW, but my scores went steadily up. I definitely should have done more "pre-work" sighting in, but work has been pretty unforgiving lately.

First day, I struggled with the timed events, but by Sunday, I was MUCH better. Learned a ton of skills and some pretty cool history. The instructors were all fantastic. Very patient, and quite informative.

Met Ironbar, and Cardoff there.

Watched a VERY new female shooter shoot Rifleman on her first Appleseed.

Didn't get my "Rifleman's" patch, but got within 25 points of it (not nearly as close as someone else on this thread, but I was pretty happy with it.

I will attend again soon, and would highly recommend the class to others.

All I can say right now is wow, what a great time. I learned a ton and better yet, met some great people and some true Patriots as well. Not only were the instructors great but the other people attending were stellar. I had some EQ issues on the first day and people that didn't know me from adam were helping me out. What a great experience. Much props to Whit, Scooner, Janer, Flipper and @Ironbar for the help, instruction and guidance.

I've never shot prone in my life and the instructors had me shooting very good groups after just one day. I can't express how much I would encourage anyone interested in improving their skills to attend one of these courses. Or anyone looking to remember where our freedom, liberty and patriotism came from, check out Project Appleseed. What a great, great experience.

It was great meeting Cardoff today at the Dundee Appleseed event! We had absolutely great weather, everyone was motivated, and I think a good time was had by all.
Great to meet you too Ironbar. The country
Cardoff, looking forward to seeing you at Appleseed again! Remember to keep up the practice!

Great to meet you too Ironbar. Thanks for the help and instruction!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top