JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My friend at the time had a Remington bolt gun and me my Winchester. We would pull the bolts out of the guns and walk about two miles on city streets with our guns in hand....in a college town called Corvallis Oregon.

Not once we're we ever stopped by the police and never did the neighbors say anything about sixth graders carrying guns.

My friend at the time had a Remington bolt gun and me my Winchester. We would pull the bolts out of the guns and walk about two miles on city streets with our guns in hand....in a college town called Corvallis Oregon.

Not once we're we ever stopped by the police and never did the neighbors say anything about sixth graders carrying guns.
Oh hell no they didn't care. Different world brother. You could be screaming alongside the highway on a dirt bike in a full wheelie with a gun strapped across your back and they would just give you the thumbs up.

Gosh my best friend from high school still has a Remington pump .22. I remember I really liked that gun it would fire anything short, long, long rifle... didn't matter. That thing would eat anything you fed it. I am glad he has held on to it.

Back in 69 the 22s were 49 cents for a box of fifty.
I always got the Winchester wildcats.
We lived at the edge of town and I went hunting every day after school for gray squirrels.
I've shot thousands of them over the years.
Great memories.

Indeed. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago.
PS. It was nice of you to let the kid use your carbine. Your post brings back memories. My Dad taught me to shoot with a Remington single shot bolt action .22 he gave me for Xmas when I was 12. I wanted a magazine fed bolt action or a semi-auto. His response was something like, "If you know you only have 1 shot you'll learn to make it count."

PS. It was nice of you to let the kid use your carbine. Your post brings back memories. My Dad taught me to shoot with a Remington single shot bolt action .22 he gave me for Xmas when I was 12. I wanted a magazine fed bolt action or a semi-auto. His response was something like, "If you know you only have 1 shot you'll learn to make it count."
Well I thought he might like it he looked like he could handle it. He handled it quite well. I don't think I ever got a repeating rifle or shotgun other than a double barrel until I was like 20 haha

Hunting and fishing in my day was fantastic. You had a limit of 3 silver salmon so when you went out it was worth the trip.

Special deer tags were issued for areas newly planted with trees and you could harvest 2 deer.

Lots of Elk and bear hunting was a riot.

Lakes full of fish and the bays full of crabs.

Population was a lot smaller and most didn't want to hunt and fish.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top