JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was lucky to order Hornady match and black 6mm arc in Sept from Missouri Shooters at under $20/box. It was on backorder since then and I just received my order last week.

I'm curious about how well the factory ammo will perform but more curious at what results I can get with handloads.

Waiting to hear what Burninpowder comes up with for his setup.

I was lucky to order Hornady match and black 6mm arc in Sept from Missouri Shooters at under $20/box. It was on backorder since then and I just received my order last week.

I'm curious about how well the factory ammo will perform but more curious at what results I can get with handloads.

Waiting to hear what Burninpowder comes up with for his setup.
Alright did a little more testing this is just for your info as I am above max for this powder and I just started getting some extractor marks at my last powder charge. My barrel is also a 1/8 twist 24inch. All shots are at 100 yards and there was some wind how much I couldn't tell ya.

F44871C8-FA70-4836-8FE5-2A5D1FD70826.jpeg 74493518-24FF-43D8-A1F4-A5F9F06961E7.jpeg A0C86F80-588B-4C04-99AC-6F9986508009.jpeg 8CC7C408-8E2D-4B90-8458-4F9D57197D0A.jpeg

Thanks for sharing your results. Hoping to get better results with 20", 1-7 twist.
Anyone have info on bolt action upper receivers that work with AR lowers?
1-7 twist was what I was trying to get they just didn't have it at the time and the build was more of a budget build so I would think you can get better accuracy with a good barrel. I have only played a little with varget powder with nosler RDF bullets and then Berger target with IMR8208XBR and just 5 shots with the 8208xbr powder with the RDF bullet. So there is still a bunch of testing to do might have to try 100gr bullets with my twist rate and see if it likes them any better.

I tried varget with the RDF bullet and it didn't go very well. It might do better with the Berger bullet with varget just haven't tried yet. Not sure if I am liking the RDF bullets at the moment time will tell

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top