JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm interested in buying a pistol from another member on this board, BUT after extensive research I've discovered that spare parts for the Hungarian FEG P9R 9mm pistol are nonexistent. This worries me, as if there is any malfunction--even a problem with a spring--it is likely that I would need to take the pistol to a gunsmith and have fabricated what ever parts that are required. On a random board on the internet, from a few years ago, some poster mentioned that he had to have the firing pin fabricated because he couldn't find a replacement. Something as simple as a firing pin cannot be found for this pistol.

Is it worth buying a pistol that is so rare? I've heard/read mostly good things about the pistol's capabilities.

Why do you want it? To shoot or a wall hanger/safe queen?
If it's to be a shooter,which is mandatory for me,then you just need to buy a few for back up.
Otherwise,if you just have to have it,make it a show piece.

I'm interested in making it a shooter, but it isn't a very common pistol so buying extras--or even one extra--for backup will take a while.

There is a FEG P9R slide for sale on GunBroker right now for $75.00.
It's complete with all the internals.
$300.00 for the pistol, $75.00 for the extra slide and a couple of bucks for shipping, brings you up to $385.00.
Extra mags are readily available too.

Honestly, I think my wife would kill me if I had one P9R for shooting, and then dropped $400-600 for 1-2 additional pistols to use as parts guns. I like the FEG P9R a lot, but I'm going with my gut on this and passing on the sale.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top