JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I stopped by a friends garage one day and found him moving everything that was on the floor outside to the driveway.
I asked what was going on and he replied that a small nut had hit the floor and disappeared into thin air.
The nut in question was for his vintage Triumph motorcycle and was a special English Whitworth oddball size that couldn't easily be replaced.
I've never seen his garage floor so clean. I asked him if he had checked the old cast iron floor drain that was clear across the room.
No was his answer, it's too far away.
I grabbed a magnet on a stick and fished around down in the p trap. Up comes the nut along with a dozen other fasteners and a small rusty metric socket.

Last Edited:
Smaller, more like a 6mm.
I've looked for a small fastener on my shop floor for almost an hour, only to find it stuck to the magnetic bottom of the flashlight I was using in the search.
I used a knife to open a box yesterday, switched the knife to the other hand to fish something out of the box, and then, for a moment there, couldn't find the knife to put it back in my pocket. :rolleyes:

10mm, right?
1711596372586.png

c12283d5dcdd67fb17d583e3d93778c751184bba07331274db.gif

I don't understand how I can have like five of those things and never find them.
I've got deep, shallow, 12pt 6pt impact and chrome 1/4 and 3/8 drive... Even a 1/2 drive socket in 10mm... I have stubby and regular wrenches, ratcheting wrenches, flex head and fixed... I have an S wrench and a half moon wrench... I even have a wrench with teeth on it for removing rounded 10mms. And absolutely ZERO of them are around when I need em.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top