Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Adding another SBR to a trust

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by JeremyK, May 25, 2016.

1. JeremyK

JeremyK Milwaukie Professional BA

Ok so I apologize if this thread has been done, but I want to know if it is possible to have more than one SBR listed on a trust, IE, I have an SBR listed on a trust and I would like to add a second one. Is this possible, or is it going to be a matter of starting yet another trust and jumping through all the hoops to build a second SBR. Any information would be greatly appreciated! I've tried googling this question and I get mixed answers, so if any forum members have done this and could give me a few pointers, that would be great!

2. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Just another tax stamp added to your existing trust.
    Send in your two form 1's, a copy of your updated trust (Schedule A) and of coarse the $200.00 check and when you get the stamp approved add the new SBR serial # to your schedule A.
    Gun trusts will change on July 13th this year, so it would be in your favor to get it posted before that date.

uscsoldier likes this.
  3. pdx225

pdx225 Hillsboro Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Along the same lines, I have a suppressor that I submitted on a trust that has not yet been approved. If I submit a form1 for an sbr on that same trust, do I need to list the suppressor on a schedule A as a potential item on the trust?

4. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

No... Even if it was approved you don't need to list any other items except the one you are adding at time of request/payment..

5. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I just put "Pending Approval" in the the schedule A when submitting the form.
    Then, when I get the tax stamp back, I revise the schedule A to bring everything up to date.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  6. pdx225

pdx225 Hillsboro Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Good info, thanks guys!

7. JedB

JedB PDX Active Member

I'm a bit OCD, but here's how I do mine. I submit the full schedule A. I use red to call the attention to the item under consideration.

Item 1:
    SBR
    Date of Approval
    Other detail

Item 2:
    Suppressor
    Date of Approval
    Other detail

Proposed Item 3:
    SBR
    Other detail

8. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

For the first 5 stamps, all my schedule A listed was the $10 bill I used to start the trust. BATFE already knows what is registered in your/your trusts name. I guess I'm saying is that it really doesn't matter to them what you list on your Schedule A.

FA9, pdx225, pdxRealtor and 1 other person like this.
  9. AnthonyL

AnthonyL Tacoma, WA Member

This is correct answer. Don't overthink the Schedule A. The ATF isn't going to verify assets. I just now year later and 8 approved stamps updated mine. ATF cared less.